• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

training on the rings - new progress :)

igalk474

last video was 6 months ago,this is from this week,

dislocates improved a little, needs more height,

also maltese and inverted cross improved , needs lower angle

also on the inlocates , i need to not pike or bend the legs, and do it with straight body

wanted to ask if you have some good tips to improve it 

thanks

Ivan Pavlovic

Your arms are bented in maltese, planche and inv. cross i guess that you know that. Anyway nice. :)

• Upvote 1

Your arms are bented in maltese, planche and inv. cross i guess that you know that. Anyway nice. :)

thanks,

currently, i don't wan't  to straighten them too much to avoid hyper extension and relying on the bones instead of muscles, and also for the muscles to prepare for the locked elbow version of it, i sometimes work on it with locking, currently i wait till i can get to the right angle first , than work on the locking

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

thanks,

currently, i don't wan't  to straighten them too much to avoid hyper extension and relying on the bones instead of muscles, and also for the muscles to prepare for the locked elbow version of it, i sometimes work on it with locking, currently i wait till i can get to the right angle first , than work on the locking

This is by far the most dangerous solution. Pass from bent to straight is the easier solution to break down your joints especially elbows.

the locked elbow works on tendon and not on bones.

if you want to prepare the joints and the muscles you need to develop in parallel

-straight arms assisted work with a tool to scale down the leverage, and this is for muscles conditioning 

-straight arms joints conditioning  in order to have a surplus of preparation when you have to hold a position

there is no bent arms strength that prepares enough for straight arms strength.

basically I do not want to break down you enthusiasm but there are  imperfections related to technique that lead to low fluidity . instead of work on tons of skills I would work on swings and dislocates refinement and basic rings strength elements .

• Upvote 9

• 4 weeks later...

i meant i'm working on straight arm strength with lever like 50-50 machine or spotting inorder to reduce the weight ,

and increase it gradually, just not 100% weight from the start,when i'm on 100% weight i work on bent arms then straight them gradually

while working on it straight arm with reduced weight

did a new video on inlocates progess , swings , and press to handstand :)

[HD]

what should i do to improve my inlocates and swings?

what are the main problems that prevent me to do it right?

Edited by igalk474
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

For japanese hs you should not bend your arms and extend them out.

On inlocates you are doing the same error approciating the shoulders inlocation too early. I prefer a more safe approach to avoid rotator cuff problem :swing higher  than rings level then continue to press forward the rings down until you pass them, after you will work for the shoulders roll.

• Upvote 3

on the inlocate i don't do the inlocation early on purpose, it's happens that way,

i want to swing higher and do it after ,but the inlocation happens automatically and it reduces my upward momentum

what should i do to fix it?

started to work on hs press , in order to work on the lower back muscles more,

i usually neglect them and work mostly the biceps and pecs,but it's importent to gtrengthen the lower back ,

also do bridges for that and wall walks

Edited by igalk474
  • Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak

what should i do to improve it?

Start over at an easier progression that you can hold with perfect form and build up from there.

Alessandro Mainente

There is not to much to correct on the inlocation itself but in the preparation of the movement. you need to swing higher than rings.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

new video [HD]  :) ,
kip to inlocate improved ,
worked on holding an handstand,
and learned some new stuff

also i gained 6kg of mass (i added one more meal per day , and one more training per week) ,
need to gain another 6kg and it will be great
Edited by igalk474
  • Upvote 1

Alessandro Mainente

Seriously I do not understand how you have your arms attached to the shoulders.

during inlocates you need to drive the feet higher than hips and shoulders above the rings.

during dislocates you don't have to fall into dislocation and swing but hold pressure on the rings. also you are bending your arms just before the dislocation this is the first way for shoulder luxation.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

still trying to improve it,

all the swinging elements are harder for me then doing static strength elements

Edited by igalk474

Alessandro Mainente

I cannot understand how your shoulders are not yet injuried. Your swings technique puts a very high stress on shoulders joint. I personally think that you should master good swings before going deeper into dislocates etc.

On the rest,well my impression it that you did not learn properly the bases of gymnastic, basic tumbling, legs position, alignment , mushroom circles. there is a lot of work but a bit of confusion. I think that revisiting some lower level skills could guarantee you more results.

• Upvote 2

thanks!

i think you are right,

i need to get back to the basics,

but i don't know where to start on how to improve my swings and dislocates...

i know that i should do the dislocate above ring height but my swings don't get that high,

and i don't want to risk my shoulders more , so i want to improve it

maybe i lack some shoulder flexibility and that's what keeping me from higher swings, i don't know

about tumbling mushrooms circles,i do it for fun , so it's less important for me , i don't think tumbling improve anything for the rings,

rings are what's important for me,

i want to go back to the basics,on the rings , but i don't know what to begin with,

maybe you can write some progression or steps that i can follow to improve it?

Alessandro Mainente

My personal suggestion for rings is shoulders mobility. I strongly believes that a good range of motion protects against injury, A minimum of 20 kg dislocates with weighted bar is my suggestion. built up day over day starting with wide grip and 1-2 kg. work until shoulders width and restart again with 1-2 kg's more. the fact that you are bending your elbows it is a sign of the body searching for a range of motion where dislocate is possible, but it is not safe, it is predisposition to luxation.

• Upvote 2

Alessandro Mainente

you can easily search on youtube for "weighted bar prone dislocate". A good progression for achieve it safety is presented on handstand One. I suggest it for your shoulders.

• Upvote 2

Thanks

I found how to do the drill

I still can't do dislocate in shoulder width with no weight

But i can reach close to that

How much reps/sets of it to do?

thanks , i tried it , it's a really good drill:

toward the end of the training session , i take 20 minutes for shoulder training for mobility/flexibility...

1) weighted bar prone dislocate - from head to lower back , currently i do this with 7kg(i can probably do more , but i will take my time) , it works the shoulders really well :) 

then i do a set from the other direction , from lower back to  the head (hand reversed position , start from lower back , hands pointed down)

2) japanese handstand/inverted cross on small bars on floor,do couple of sets ,wall can be used at first,

some of the time lowering the angel to something like maltese  for 2 seconds

3)skin the cat couple of times on rings hanging at least 2 seconds , then from regular hang do slow inlocate to kip to support

Edited by igalk474