Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coach's Bang-for-buck Mobility Movements?

Alex Chaney

Alex Chaney

So I know Coach in an old thread said the press handstand, hollow back press and rope climb were the top bang-for-buck GST exercises. All three are major in the Handstand/Foundation Series'.

Coach, what's the equivalent for mobility? I was thinking with the release of Stretch, it's the Thoracic Bridge, Front Splits and Middle Split.

Dylan Robertson

I know I read that Coach thinks that Weighted Shoulder Dislocates and its variations are the best Shoulder Exercise.

But, why choose when you can have everything handed to you on a silver platter with The Courses? The only thing required is hard work and persistence.

Jon Douglas

Hmmmm.....

Presuming you are in perfect balance and have no issues or dysfunction to correct,

manna, especially manna dislocate to handstand, limbers.... other major multi joint elements.

But moot point. Lots of.mobility required to get full movement ability. Then aa you move into real strength more mobility required to balance it out and avoid injury.

The best answer at the moment is whatever you need to work on the most :)

• Upvote 2

Alex Chaney

Zach, good point! Strength does encompass more than mobility. I guess the best list would be the stretch series:

Front Split

Middle Split

Thoracic Bridge

Pancake

Pike

Shoulder Flexion

Shoulder Extension

Ronnicky Roy

Depends on where you're at mobility wise. For someone like me, anything that stretches my hip flexors and Strengthens hip extension are the biggest bang for my buck movements. Same goes for bridge work. Notice where you are tighest and that's your safest bet. Work on your weakest links until they are strengths.

Ronnicky Roy

For most people, stretching your hip flexors, upper lats/traps and pecs will offer tons of tension release

• Upvote 3