Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Confusion about Stretch program

Jeffrey Mailly

Jeffrey Mailly

Hello Everyone.

I decided to purchase Foundation 1 after a few months of following the GB Facebook page and stumbling upon some podcasts and YouTube interviews this week with Coach Sommer. I literally just purchased it today and will be doing the PE1 Initial Assessment on Saturday. Will start the Foundation workouts on Monday.

Anyways I have some confusion trying to figure out if I'm making the right selection of programs. I did see that Coach Sommer posted about the curriculum but I didn't see anything about the "Stretch" program in there specifically. I want to make sure I succeed in this and have the right selection of programs from the get-go.

Does Stretch integrate with other programs or should it be taken as an independent program?

Jason Dupree

It integrates, do each stretch program once a week, preferrably after a Foundation workout

Joshua Slocum

Stretch program can be done alongside the other programs, or independently. Each stretch program is a ~45 minute stretching session that should be done once a week. 

Stretch series can be done along with foundation and handstand courses.

Stretch series is a three parts series: Front Split, Middle Split and Thoracic Bridge, the series need to be done 3 times a week (each part once per week) and the best is to do it right after foundation training when your body is warmed up.

Stretch will help you in your foundation progress and later also in handstand progress.

I do it for a little longer than two months and almost got pike, front split, my pancake and middle split improved a lot and my bridge looks very nice thanks to it.

Hope I helped, enjoy!

• Upvote 1

Jeffrey Mailly

Thanks for the information everyone. Very impressed by the responsiveness on this forum on just my first initial post.

chuchodani - I read through the other post you referenced and it makes complete sense now. I guess my confusion was if Stretch would assist with the Foundation work. It sounds like it may help somewhat but isn't necessary if you're doing Foundation and following the iM's. At least that is what I gather so far from reading around the Forum and other materials.

I'm going to go through Foundation 1 and probably mix in Handstand 1 when I begin Foundation 2.

Coach Sommer

The stretch courses will be of enormous help with Foundation/Handstand and will greatly accelerate your progress.  All are designed to work in concert at the same time.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Jeffrey Mailly

Thanks Coach. It wasn't completely clear how to layer/stack these programs properly when I signed up. You have definitely cleared up the confusion for me. Can't wait to get started!