Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HS/PE1>IM weighted bar

Michael Morgan

Michael Morgan

Hi im just getting started on handstand one and am wondering where do I get a 10 pound weighted bar?

Cole Dano

Most people are just using a broomstick and small weight plates.

Jonathan Pettit

When I started I used a broomstick and water bottles hanging from a small plastic bag on either end.  One litre = 1 kilogram, so it was easy to measure.  I have since found ankles weights and wrapped them around the bar.  The beauty of the ones I linked to is that they are adjustable, so you can vary the poundage for different exercises.  With many of the Handstand mobility drills, changing just a pound or two can make a world of difference in form and doability.  

Dylan Robertson

I use the stick from the paint roller, it's unscrewable. And then I have adjustable dumbbell weights that are old school adjustable dumbbells (you had to screw the plates in by rotating them).

Dorian Brown

I started with a piece of PVC pipe and a 5lb weight plate now I have a 9lb weight bar from amazon. I like the weight bar a lot because sometime the weight would slide and I was never sure if it was totally centered. Now I don't have to worry about that. The only problem with their weight bar is it is only 4 feet long.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00D3J4Z74/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687682&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B002054R8E&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=0QH3XJ0QXXB2BE36Z4QE

Ryan Libke

I experimented with using black pipe (a kind of steel pipe common in most hardware/home supply stores), filing it with sand, and using the cap fittings available for the pipe.  Since it is packed, the sand does not move around.  It has a nice weight, but it is not variable.  It is too light for my current level of progression on dislocates, but it was very handy for some of the handstand exercises in the program.