Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand Form problem/plateau of 3 years +..

Suryo Au

Hey guys,

Longtime lurker, first time poster.

Over the past fews i have been trying to correct my handstand alignment by increasing shoulder flexibility/strength, also been doing various planks exercises. The photo below, i would say is the form i would get about 9 out of 10 times..

It has been a long plateau, and it is really starting to frustrate me.

How can i straighten the curve in my back, and also the crease in my hips. How do i build the awareness and control of these areas? 

Is my back and hips too weak??

Thanks guys

post-19125-0-99181200-1430373648_thumb.j

Dorian Brown

3 years is a long time to be stuck on anything.I would definitely get h1 and work through it. You probably have a lot of unaddressed weak points. The price might seem high till you realize it is a life time course. A year gym membership is way more expensive and not nearly as helpful.

• Upvote 1

Cool, thanks guys. Will be working on those face to wall handstands.

3 years is a long time to be stuck on anything.

Yeah i have been on and off due to chronic injuries.. I haven't had a problem for the past 6 months.

• 1 month later...
Benjamin Witkowski

Can you take a picture of yourself standing up with your arms over your head and your back straight?

Christian Sørlie

You have gotten great advice. Your problem is opening the shoulders. H1 and the bridge series will help tremendeously with this. Don't just assume one exercise will help you. Wall handstands are great yes. But take the time to work on the range of motion and strength needed to keep the shoulders open and the traps around the ears. H1 + thoracic bridge will get you this.