Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How does manna work translate to ring strength?

Jeffrey Fialko

Jeffrey Fialko

In descriptions of the manna, I see it stated often that manna strength/work will carry over to later ring strength. I'm staying off of rings (except for the occasional supports) for now, but I'm curious as to why and how the manna will aid in ring strength? Does it have to do with the shoulder conditioning needed for the manna?

thanks!

Léo Aïtoulha

Mastering Manna provides :

- Basic shoulder extension which is required to benefit from Back Lever training and to avoid injuries

- Basic tricep strength

- Basic core strength (abs, hips ; middle and lower trapezius, rhomboids, lats - because of the required scapular retraction)

- Basic bicep conditioning if hands are pointing backwards

• Upvote 1

Jeffrey Fialko

Cool, thanks. That was basically what I was thinking. I actually hadn't thought of the shoulder extension carrying over to BL work.

- Basic bicep conditioning if hands are pointing backwards

Manna doesn't really stress the biceps much if at all regardless of hand position.

Coach Sommer

Manna doesn't really stress the biceps much if at all regardless of hand position.

This is incorrect.  There is quite a bit of stretch on the insertion of the bicep at the top of the manna position.  And if improperly prepared for, will result in injury to the elbow if the student is stubborn and attempts to push thru the pain.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 4