Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wrist pain...

Fabrizio D'Angelo

Fabrizio D'Angelo

I used to train very often and had a decent handstand and some C skills on pbars and rings, I had some wrist injuries about a year ago and my right wrist never really recovered. There were points where it almost got better, but lately I haven't even been able to hold a proper push-up position without pain.

Using parallettes make pushups possible, but handstands are kind of out of the question unless I want a sore wrist for an hour or so. I always warmed up before attempting handstands, but sometimes even just basic wrist exercises would cause pain and I couldn't continue. What's most upsetting about this is that I used to do freestanding hs pushups, one arm pushups, handsprings, and was making good progress with my planche. Now just getting in a pushup position is a challenge. My left wrist is completely fine, it's just the right that has problems.

I have brought this up with doctors before, but they didn't really seem to think much of it. I've had an x-ray for it and it turned up normal. Definitely doesn't feel normal. 

I'm not really sure what I can do to get back to bodyweight training like I used to. Any tips would really be appreciated. 

Ron Roitman

...I had some wrist injuries about a year ago and my right wrist never really recovered...

... Now just getting in a pushup position is a challenge. My left wrist is completely fine, it's just the right that has problems.

I have brought this up with doctors before, but they didn't really seem to think much of it. I've had an x-ray for it and it turned up normal. Definitely doesn't feel normal. 

I'm not really sure what I can do to get back to bodyweight training like I used to. Any tips would really be appreciated. 

I injured my wrist too in March 2014. I had to rest for 9 months or more to let it completely heal. Ideally you want to do nothing for now until the pain is completely gone and only then start slowly and gradually with a wrist prehab/rehab. I've done an X-ray check and the "doctors" didn't find anything wrong as well, but I knew my wrist wasn't fine because I could barely do rotational movements.

I'd recommend an MRI scan instead because it provides much more detail-although you might have to wait for months because of the price(Idk, might depend on wherever you live).

You were training on hard skills without proper preparation and your wrist shows signs of pain, so don't even think of testing its limits again(until the pain is gone and then physical therapy for your wrist)... unless you're a moron.(sorry for that) You have only 2 arms and you cannot get new pieces once they've been seriously damaged like in cars. You have to respect your body more.

Also, don't worry about your the things you 'could do'. Atm, you need to focus on the things you 'should do' in order to let your wrist heal. My sister is a Physiotherapist, so she showed me some helpful exercises. I can record them for you if you private message me :)

Hope this helps!

• Upvote 1