Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wanting to purchase rings in Australia

Narayana Commerford

Narayana Commerford

Hi all,
My first post here. I am looking to get myself some rings. I want to purchase some from Australia so they arrive quickly. 

Have been looking at these ones from iron edge, noticing the wooden ones come in two different widths, wondering if there is an advantage to durability or training with either? Also the wooden ones seem expensive. 

http://www.ironedge.com.au/store/iron-edge-power-rings/

If anyone knew of any other retailers of rings of similar quality but better value within Australia I would love a link. Cheers

Coach Sommer firmly believes that anything other than 28mm rings are counter productive. Is it a coincidence that a standard barbell is also 28mm?

I can't speak for the brand, but in general a good wood ring will cost more, because, wood as a raw material is more expensive than plastic, the manufacturing process takes longer, and the most critical thing, the finishing takes longer.

A good wood ring will not splinter and not be over finished to below 28mm.

• Upvote 2

Narayana Commerford

Thanks Cole. 

The other rings were actually larger then 28mm (at 32mm). I wondered if they might be better for the forearms or maybe  more durable themselves. Good to know its not the standard though and might be counter productive down the track. Thanks for your input.

Connor Davies

That does seem expensive. Australia is really missing out by not having Amazon.

Edit: why don't you try gumtree or eBay?

• Upvote 1

Dylan Robertson

Rogue Fitness Australia has FIG wooden rings that almost very body seems to enjoy.

Jon Douglas

Ironedge is our local dragondoor affiliate. They are crazy expensive, and if you are shipping to WA? Fawgeddabout. Double unit cost on shipping alone.

I just jumped on ebay personally. A lot of the bigger sports stores like Amart and Rebel have rings and even Rogue-style paralettes with the serial numbers filed off now. IIRC I saw wooden rings for 60$ in Rebel in Adelaide last week.

• Upvote 1