Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Freestanding HeSPUs carryover to other exercises

Andreas Bolz

Andreas Bolz

I started working on freestanding HeSPUs a while ago and can now do 3 reps. It's by far my favorite pushing exercise and as it demands a whole lot of work to get good and stable at I thought about doing them as the only pushing exercise in my program (4-5 times a week). I get that the chest won't get worked that much but as it was always my strong part anyway I figured that wouldn't hurt.

My question now is, what will happen when I get back to the gym in a couple of months? Let's say my freestanding HeSPU will have increased from 3 to 20 reps by then. Will my bench-, dips-, press- (off the chest)  numbers have decreased? Stayed the same or even increased as my core, shoulders and triceps should be stronger by then?

Thanks in advance.

Mouclier Victor

Yes i think, you should not think movements musles by muscles but if it's pushing or pulling motion.

So if you can do HSPUs the you got a stronger pushing strenght than before !

remember than bodyweight strenght training carryover to weightlifting but not the reverse.

sorry, my English isn't really good.

Connor Davies

HeSPU work the chest more than you might think.

If you really accomplish 7 times max reps, I'm pretty sure your bench will have gone up.