Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

planche and front lever work

Guest marktb68

Guest marktb68

I train completely weight-free at home and was wondering WHEN I should place my planche and front lever work into my workout-the end or first thing when strongest?

Also, when I do my l-sits on my homemade paralletes my legs, particularly hip flexors, tire before my abs. Any suggestions on how to train these to accomplish my l-sit times better?

Thanks,

Mark

For the l-sit a good stretch is always needed, when I first started my legs would cramp up really good and I would feel lots of tension in my hips.

Front lever is lots of core work, planche is more of a shoulder work out I'm basing this on the guess that you are still in the tuck/advanced planche work?

I would really have to see your routine to see where to put it, personally I just usually scatter my workouts and do what I want to do first.

To work the hip flexor more you could do v sit raises. Sit with your legs spread out put your hands between your legs and lift your legs up and down. Good hip flexor exercise.

As Zennode said, you can do straddled leg/feet lifts from a sit. I call these straddle L lifts or sitting stalder lifts.

As well you can sit in a pike, put your hands by your knees ( eventually ankles ) and work on raising your heels off the ground. I have my boys and myself work the static hold and moving up and down.

Don't let yourself cheat by leaning back. Try to keep your chest forward of your pelvis if not over your knees. Should pain like a bugger.