Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How do you search?

MarekLiban

Hello there

I'm Mark from Poland. I don't know how to search for my problem on this forum - can you let me know where is the "search bar"?

Anyways if I may I will describe the problem here - I started excercising about 4 months ago. Before that I was sedentary for few years (sometimes I did run and play basketball). I am going about 3 times a week to the gym, sometimes more, mainly for running and bodyweight movements. I usuelly did 5 sets of 6 reps pullups and dips and 2 days ago I added chin ups and something bad happened. Perhaps I did not warm up correctly or something.

So my questions is about a potential rotator cuff tear/injury - ther more I read the more afraid I am - 

I have described my condition here - 

1. Anybody had this piercing pain that is stopping full arm extention range of motion that I have described? Is it rotator cuff tear?
2. Why did it show itself only 24 hours after the excercise and got stronger during the next 12 hours?
3. What can I do to help my body heal that? Or is it something more serious that I need to go to the doc? smile emoticon
Currently I am massaging my arm and doing cold/how therapy (30sec hot shower,30 sec cold shower - few times)

Thanks a lot!
Mark