Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

- points 2 and 3.... :?: I would like learn more about them; mobility/flexibility/dynamic stretching and especially, in the elastic band work, I am very interested.

If you have time, can and want, could you be more specific? go into details and explications: exercises, set, reps, kg, video, links, photos....anything would be nice,

I hope not to annoy :wink:

2. nothing special arms circles and swings, elastic work out is very similar to ido's:

1YHIV4a81Os

3. Planks and hollow positions (look for it on this forum, it must be somewhere), basicly I'm doing 10s rising and 10s holding diffrent positions

If you have time, can and want, could you be more specific? go into details and explications: exercises, set, reps, kg, video, links, photos....anything would be nice,

For wich exercise? f you mean MU's, pull ups, then I do them to just to feell muscles, nothing else...

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gregor you mentioned before you bought supplements in Germany, which webpage was that from? And how's the training coming along?

Hi Gregor, I read/see your posts and videos competition,

You do a warm-up on pully system, but I suppose you do more warm-up exercises&techniques: elastic band, mobility, flexibility, paralletes.... you said a few times

Can you post your warm-up routine complete and any sugestions? I would like know more, I am very interested in the specific warm-up for gymnastic

cheers :D

Yes I do more warm up, pully system is just specific warm up.

My warm up is just for rings (I do not warm up my legs,...) so mainly my concern is for shoulders.

Warm up:

1. General warm up wich consist with running, few jumps

2. Standing warming up:

-upper body (arm swings and rotations, elastic rotations for warm up, then I go to back rotator work)

-lower body

3. Planks, hollow positions

4. Pull ups, MU's on a high bar, dips, swinging dips, HSPU's, HLR

5. Pully system (all final hol positions)

6. Assisted elements on rings

7. Easier variations of ring strength elements

So I'm basicly going from easier to heavier.

Thanks for share your training with us. ¡¡¡your Maltese is great :roll: !!!!

Thanks, it was needed alo of work to got it like it is now.

Interesting.

Rafael David

is very nice to have that contact with a professional, how he trains, ask questions, among other things, even through the internet... thanks gregor :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
http://WWW.Peak.ag

I've just started to train this week after a break...

I have one more question :P do you know a page that sells grips here in europe? Artistic gymnastics is probably THE most unknown sport here in Denmark and I can't find anywhere that sells them.

The problem is that if I buy from outside europe I'll have to pay 20% import tax or something like that, but still I appreciate you answering :)

Nope don't know about length, never bought grips before. Is it something I should get hands on help for or can you help me? Thanks a lot for the help so far :D

try some of grips from the gym if you can and buy the same length (at the begining are shorter and will get longer with time to some degree).

I'm using number 3 for reisport (for rings, for h.bar it's diffrent).

I don't remember for iwa what I had.

You'll had to get used of wearing the grips first.

Ps: put them on a correct palm :lol:

Hmm it's not possible right now, but once I move to Copenhagen I'm sure I can try some from the gym there.. guess I will wait to buy it then. Better do it properly. and ill try not to put it on the wrong hand :P

If you buy shorter or longer you may injur yourself (spiral snap of a bone even open one) especialy if you do swings...

It can became a problem if you do dismount (wich I know you do) and if hand can't lose it, then..

And also it's better feelling with correct lenght in swings and in strength elements.

About grip holes, you must (most probably) get them bigger, but be carfull - do not' oversize them! (I'm resisng them with rising mechanizem of a p.bars-I put the handle in holes and slowely resizing them)

I'm definately just going to wait until I move to Copenhagen and FINALLY get to attend a proper gym club..not one full of girls and unserious coaches :lol: Thanks a lot for the help ;)

Unfortunatly lately I don't have so many time to write responses and make an update to my topic: I'm moving to another small appartment, and starting to train on full.

So this week I had problems with my back (at a bottom of a latisimus dorsi) to quick on a heaviest elements after a break, so I couldn't breath...Had to do 3 days of compleet break, 2 days and a half of ibuprofeen (to make a swealling go) and 4 treatments of a special massage- Today I was like new one, no pain no discomfort (and already one day off of ibuprofeen). :)

Right shoulder is COMPLETLY HEALD, I was a litlle suprised about that (although I was good boy and done alot of shoulder rehab on a vacation).

HAHA dude the 'good boy' just made me crack up :P good luck with the apartment and training full time, that's exciting!

Unfortunatly lately I don't have so many time to write responses and make an update to my topic: I'm moving to another small appartment, and starting to train on full.

So this week I had problems with my back (at a bottom of a latisimus dorsi) to quick on a heaviest elements after a break, so I couldn't breath...Had to do 3 days of compleet break, 2 days and a half of ibuprofeen (to make a swealling go) and 4 treatments of a special massage- Today I was like new one, no pain no discomfort (and already one day off of ibuprofeen). :)

Right shoulder is COMPLETLY HEALD, I was a litlle suprised about that (although I was good boy and done alot of shoulder rehab on a vacation).

Ouch Buddy.. I'd love to share a little secret with you and others here :)

http://artoflivingshop.com/productpage. ... id=15&pg=2

- KSHIRABALA TAILA (Oil thats great for your muscles and joints for massage pre workout)

- PINDA TAILA - Good for any injuries. Healing properties.

Pinda taila has an anti-microbial and wound healing property and also be used for healing inflammations.

These have helped me a lot in healing faster. Try it out. These are natural herbal oils from ancient ayurvedic receipes used by warriors, martial artists, yogis, wrestlers alike.

ibuprofeen is anti flamathpric!! and very strong one,.. my back is now like a new!

I don't have any injury now, even my left shoulder is feeling better, right is perfectly healed...

I don't belive in all that ancient mambo jambo, I belive they have good efect but not as good as modern science can offer you.

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic