Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

Guest Valentin

Hi

Thanks for the reply...How long have you been working on the Victorian?. I guess what i want to know is, do you think that until recently people just didn't compete or train much for it because its seen as such a hard skill, or is it cause it simply is so damn hard.

Thanks,

Good luck tomorrow! :D

In Men’s, 2008 Olympic Bronze Medallist on Floor and Vault, Russian Anton Golotsutskov, collected a total of four titles in Moscow so far, two on Floor and two on Vault. Fans can look forward to an intense battle on these apparatus since Golotsutskov’s contenders are none other than World Champion on Floor and 2009 title holder Diego Hypolito (BRA) and Tomi Tuuha (FIN), new European Champion on Vault, who added another two World Cup Bronze medals to his record this year. Also keep an eye on Latvian Jevgenijs Sapronenko, who vaulted to Gold in Maribor!

Slovenia sends its golden trio from Maribor to Moscow: Saso Bertoncelj on Pommel Horse, Gregor Saksida on Still Rings, Aljaz Pegan on Horizontal Bar are gearing up for quite a show! But they’re not the only ones. Beijing Silver runner-up Filip Ude (CRO), Bronze medallist Prashant Sellathurai (AUS), and Donna Donny Truyens (BEL) are a real threat to their contenders on Pommel Horse. European and World runner-up Epke Zonderland (NED) will deliver yet another performance on Horizontal Bar, and Jordan Ali Al Asi is sure to push his way forward on Rings.

http://www.fig-gymnastics.com/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,5187-188042-19728-44765-307289-18046-5233-layout188-205264-news-item,00.html

• 3 weeks later...

Yes shoulder pain 3rd week in a row....

I've been tought I have to week rear rotators and so the front becomes to strong,...in my case infraspinatus and teres minor (to weak) and injured infraspinatus... I will have to do ultra sound,...

So no iron crosses, back swing to HS and no dismounts

I can do just malteses and inverteds, front swing to HS, and jonnasons,..

I fell like I don't do anything on training just doesn't feel right I can't train hard...

Today's training:

4x kip to maltese

3x roll to maltese, kip to L-seat, front swing to inverted, inlocate, front swing to HS, jonnason, back uprise to maltese

5x roll to maltese

3x3 asissted inverted cross pulls

so you can see it's pure nothing, no volume, no routine and I still have one competition in 2 and a half week time,...

fucking fuck shit :!: hope it gets better man!! Did you do any prehab before like external rotation, cuban presses etc? To me doing more malteses right now would just seem to make the problem worse (although you need to maintain strength I guess) :evil:

Rafael David

Hey Gregor! When you do strength training with free weights, you basically only works with bench press and curls? Or you do military presses? 5x5 is always in the scheme? or did you already pyramid as 12/10/8/6 reps? Just curious ... hug :)

I don't feel anything in those exercises that I wrote, it's painless. No I didn't do any cuban presses...I did alot of terra band exercises but not all that I should. Now I've got new exercises but they are god damn hard to do them correctly, even though I do them entirely with out any resistance (strange position and I need mirror to do it right).

@Mikael: just 5x5 or less like 3x3, or just one rep max.

Today I could do back swing to HS,...First two series with litlle discomfort, last third with none. I didn't do dimounts and alot volume, but at least I managed to do back swing to HS.

Also I tried few iron cross on a pully sysem and maybe a litlle discomfort...

Man I know what you mean about weird positions and stuff.. took me ages to learn the exercises for shoulder rehab properly. I'm really liking the cuban press and the stuff I'm doing currently, but I guess you have everything fixed with a physio that knows his stuff :P

HAha now I looked for cuban press and yes I do simmilar exercises like cuban press but slightly diffrent and on diffrent angle...I've done cuban press before going to physio and I was doing it wrong. I had so big imbalance of front and rear rotators that I can't do cuban presses (I did it with elastic) because I rised shoulders every time I rise hand, and I shouldn't do that.

I'm doing now modificated version of cuban press without resistance to feel the correct muscles and then go to very light resistance. I must buy more "pussy" version of terra band for rear rotators and in time I should proceed to more heavier resistance.

I stoped doing for front rotators though and will proceed after a break (first I must compeet at Porto's world cup in Portugal-yi bing is comming :roll: and othets :lol: ).

Today I could do all swing work painless (today I did a few dismount too after a break form it when the pain started).

Alvaro Antolinez

wow! I´m doing Cuban presses with 5-6 kilos(bar) and thinking I´m weak! what a big imbalance isnt it?. I must say I´ve been suffering big knots at my back this 3 weeks since I started doing Cuban presses. Maybe I should do them less heavy still! :shock:

Hope you recover fast! :D

There is no problem doing them with higher kilos but my form suck then. And with weights is diffrent then with band (more streched it is-the harder it gets)...

And I can't go to the paralel with shoulder with correct form (you must not rise shoulders, and hole must be seen in delts on a rear side at the whole time).

I hope too, thanks!

Holy shit man that is an intense imbalance you have got there! I guess the cool thing is once it's fixed you might become a lot stronger :D Good luck in all your competitions :wink:

Holy shit man that is an intense imbalance you have got there! I guess the cool thing is once it's fixed you might become a lot stronger :D Good luck in all your competitions :wink:

Thanks.

Actualy my physio told I could be less stronger in those positions due to diffrent ratio distribution of force on muscles.

Today I could manage to do first half of routine with dismount and a second half of routine with dismount. Still sense litlle pain (much less then previous days), so I did just few iron crosses....

Today I did almost all rotator work with 6 kg and will increase with time (my goal is 15kg+ till end July). I feel with elastic diffrent, so I will do them both.

Hmmm hopefully it won't make you weaker! That is very interesting though. Good that there is improvement :)

Alvaro Antolinez

Surely the phisio knows better but I suposse that if the shoulder is better suported you can apply more strenght in a safer way. After all you are not goin to compete in cuban press! :D

I thought I was very weak in my back rotators but now I see this kind of imbalance is very common, even George has his own! Now I feel in good company! :wink:

Today I did whole routine after almost a month (3 weeks) time and first and second half of routine with dismount.

Shoulder pain is slowely going away :arrow: two times a day shoulder re-hab exercises...

Although stamina wont be as good as it would be without injury but I will be ok.

Alvaro Antolinez

How much strength do you feel you loose in 3 weeks? At your level even small amounts can be a big problem, can´t they? :?:

Not much, because I could do almost all things...Just not swings backwards, dismounts and ordinary crosses (inverted I could).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Gregor, I read/see your posts and videos competition,

You do a warm-up on pully system, but I suppose you do more warm-up exercises&techniques: elastic band, mobility, flexibility, paralletes.... you said a few times

Can you post your warm-up routine complete and any sugestions? I would like know more, I am very interested in the specific warm-up for gymnastic

Thanks for share your training with us. ¡¡¡your Maltese is great :roll: !!!!

cheers :D

Hi Gregor, I read/see your posts and videos competition,

You do a warm-up on pully system, but I suppose you do more warm-up exercises&techniques: elastic band, mobility, flexibility, paralletes.... you said a few times

Can you post your warm-up routine complete and any sugestions? I would like know more, I am very interested in the specific warm-up for gymnastic

cheers :D

Yes I do more warm up, pully system is just specific warm up.

My warm up is just for rings (I do not warm up my legs,...) so mainly my concern is for shoulders.

Warm up:

1. General warm up wich consist with running, few jumps

2. Standing warming up:

-upper body (arm swings and rotations, elastic rotations for warm up, then I go to back rotator work)

-lower body

3. Planks, hollow positions

4. Pull ups, MU's on a high bar, dips, swinging dips, HSPU's, HLR

5. Pully system (all final hol positions)

6. Assisted elements on rings

7. Easier variations of ring strength elements

So I'm basicly going from easier to heavier.

Thanks for share your training with us. ¡¡¡your Maltese is great :roll: !!!!

Thanks, it was needed alo of work to got it like it is now.

in first place, thanks for your rapid reply & info :lol::lol:

- points 1, 4 to 7 Ok, I understand completely, you have been very clear.

- points 2 and 3.... :?: I would like learn more about them; mobility/flexibility/dynamic stretching and especially, in the elastic band work, I am very interested.

If you have time, can and want, could you be more specific? go into details and explications: exercises, set, reps, kg, video, links, photos....anything would be nice,

I hope not to annoy :wink:

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic