Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

I didn't compeete well...Actualy whole routine was preaty good until last two elements. I made a roocky mistake :oops: because I told my self in my mind it's all under my slevees now and then disaster has struck me...like Jovtchevs giant swing at the olympics, so as I made a mistake at a giant swing before a dismount, whole point of deduction, non recognition of element, aditional problems , probkems at the dismount due to tiredness caused by mistake :roll: :?

If I would done a whole routine as I can, I could well be in finals....

If I would done a whole routine as I can, I could well be in finals....

Of course you must be disappointed in yourself, but remember every competition will give you more experience and lead you closer to a medal! Sometimes it is hard to remember where you have gotten once you just keep on wanting more :)

True.

I realy wanted to be in finals with such big names as: Samir Said (other French ring guy), Ochimura, Horton,...The last two improved on rings from worlds so much :shock:

Joshua Naterman

Sorry to hear that you didn't make the finals Gregor! You will be there, you are so young and talented that you're bound to get there as long as you keep working hard!

slizzardman@ I'm compeeting on more world cups due to my teammates injurys, so I need to show at the best light as I can. So I wouldn't need to compeet for spot in the team.

Yesterday I was at the doctor for my legs :arrow: nothing to do with gymnastics though. And for my biceps: found scar on a brachialis with ultra sound, so I got a therapy.

accident when my grip has stuck on a ring when doing a dismount (cca. month ago).

Alvaro Antolinez

How dificult is to be in perfect shape at that level of performance! :shock:

It's always difficult to be in perfect health shape. I do alot of shoulder pre-hab and I have very good body prepairdness for training to minimize the risk of injury.

My therapy: Ultra sound with Voltaren cream for antiflamatoric effect, elctric stimulation as for painkiller, and I got todays magnetic resonance for regeneration of soft tissue.

Training therapy: excentrix (hahaha practicly all exercises on rings), and plyiometry of a biceps (jumping pull ups at 90° ROM on a p.bars,...).

Long time no post about my training. I made a few modifications due to more competitions then years before.

This week I had more strength oriented training then weeks before (I had three weeks time to new competition, now 2).

Modifications: simulated warming up like I do on competitions (1h).

FRIDAY, 16th of April:

Simulated warming up:

1. Little running and jumps

2. Upper body warming up (arm swings, circling,...)

3. Upper body ELASTIC TERRA BAND warming up (cca. 10 minutes)

4. Lower body warming up

Cca 30 minutes

Still rings simulated warming up:

1. Swings

2. 5x iron cross presess with hold ASSISTED

3. 3x iron cross presess with hold ASSISTED

4. Swings

5. Giant swings forward

6. Kip to maltese

7. Jonnasons

8. Kip to cross, press to maltese

9. Giant swings backwards

10. Kip to cross, press to maltese

11. Dismonut (double streched with 360°)

12. Azarian to L-seat, pike press to inverted cross

Competition routine:

1. Azarian maltese

2. Nakayama

3. Pike press to inverted cross

4. Inlocate

5. Giant swing forward

6. Jonnason

7. Honma to cross

8. Press to maltese

9. Kip to L-seat

10. Pike press with bent elbows to HS

11. Giant swing backwards

12. Double streched with 360°

F,D,D,A,C,D,D,E,B,A,C,D :arrow: 6,4

First half of a routine with a dismount:

1. Azarian

2. Nakayama

3. Pike press to maltese

4. Inlocate

5. Giant swing forward

6. Double streched with 360°

Second half of a routine:

1. Giant swing forward

2. Jonnason

3. Honma to cross

4. Press to maltese

5. Kip to L-seat

6. Pike press with bent elbows to HS

7. Giant swing backwards

8. Double streched with 360°

Strength training:

1. 2x with 1,5 kg belt azarian maltese, nakayama, pike press to inverted

2. 2x with 1,5 kg belt kip to iron cross, press to maltese

3. 1x kip to cross, press to maltese, nakayama, press to maltese

4. 3x azarian maltese, back lever, press to maltese (I need to go litlle lower in back lever)

5. 1x victorian

6. 2x back uprise to inverted cross, front uprise to inverted cross

7. 2x back uprise to inverted cross

8. 1x azarian, nakayama, pineda

9. 1x azarian, nakayama, pineda, press to maltese

Streching and HS:

cca 30-40 minutes

We added this week litlle more strength training, and I felt a litlle tired so bottom line it was ok training.

• 2 weeks later...

Next weekend I'm compeeting at World cup in Maribor, Slovenia and in two weeks time in Moscow World cup also.

Joshua Naterman

Wow! Great training as always. Can't wait to hear about your competitions! Good luck!

Razz@Yes more competitions lately :mrgreen: From last years world championship and this years more world cups, all hard work from past has paid off and not being sorry for sticking in the game for few more years. I was on the verge to quit few years ago and then I said to my self :arrow: I LOVE THIS SPORT AND I WOULD REGRET IF I WOULDN'T TRY ONE MORE TIME :D

Slizz@thanks, I will try to increase intesity after a short brake in summer (10 days to two weeks time).

Thank god you didn't quit! :D You can keep getting stronger at least 10 more years :P

Joshua Naterman

YES!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! You have won just the first of your World Cup medals, my friend! I am so happy that you have experienced the fruits of your hard work!!! Keep it up, you can absolutely become one of the best!!!

Guest Valentin

Hi Gregor

I have been abscent from the forum for a while, but have tried to keep in an eye, and its great to see your work has had good result in the end as well.

I do have a few questions that i was hoping you can answer for me.

1- If you were an AA competitor would you use this form/style of conditioning as you main form of conditioning given that your training sessions seem to last 2hrs on Rings alone? Or would you spend less time ring strength specific conditioning

2- Would it be possible for you to film one of your workouts, of make some video posts of the exercises you do. It would be great reference really. If that is possible that would rock.

3- Do you find he hot and cold therapy at the end of trainings helpful? I know that recently i have seen some research that says that hot/cold recovery treatment is not as good as its thought to be, and only the cold is really good.. but sadly i didn't pay enough attention to remember the reference. Have you tried any other methods? and this is the one the works best?

4- Do you think the cross of the maltese is harder...because i was able to achieve a Maltese much easier then a cross, but then again i was training the cross for longer before i start the maltese.

5- With the Victorian, how much success are you having with it?

Thanks and congratulations again..

Alvaro Antolinez

Congratulations! .Is there any video of your medal routine?

Hi Gregor

I have been abscent from the forum for a while, but have tried to keep in an eye, and its great to see your work has had good result in the end as well.

I do have a few questions that i was hoping you can answer for me.

1- If you were an AA competitor would you use this form/style of conditioning as you main form of conditioning given that your training sessions seem to last 2hrs on Rings alone? Or would you spend less time ring strength specific conditioning

2- Would it be possible for you to film one of your workouts, of make some video posts of the exercises you do. It would be great reference really. If that is possible that would rock.

3- Do you find he hot and cold therapy at the end of trainings helpful? I know that recently i have seen some research that says that hot/cold recovery treatment is not as good as its thought to be, and only the cold is really good.. but sadly i didn't pay enough attention to remember the reference. Have you tried any other methods? and this is the one the works best?

4- Do you think the cross of the maltese is harder...because i was able to achieve a Maltese much easier then a cross, but then again i was training the cross for longer before i start the maltese.

5- With the Victorian, how much success are you having with it?

Thanks and congratulations again..

1. No I defenitly wouldn't do so much strength training or ring specific training.

2. I will have to get all videos from my coach and collect what I already have. This may take some time.

3. hmmm I would not know. I did this therapy some time ago and I would need more time spent on it to get real results or no results.

4. Depends on a person. For me the cross was like nothing, but maltese took 2 years time. For others may be diffrent.

5. Sometimes can be recognited, but it's still not worth to try it on a competitio.

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic