Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

Awesome job, Gregor! do you mean you could only raise your arms infront of you up to eye level when you were young? That would be really bad flexibility!

Nic Scheelings

Great to see you in action Gregor, Fantastic strength! I would love to see more of your comps put up here.

Great work!

congratulations! Your continued improvement and dedication are an inspiration to us all.

I totally agree. It's great to have you on this forum :D

And good luck with your flexibilty work!

Joshua Naterman

Gregor, your strength is awesome! You've got great work ethic and you're very dedicated to improving your weak points, and I think we're going to see you on that world cup podium one of these days. Congratulations on making the finals! I know getting 6th isn't what anyone wants, but dude... YOU are one of the TOP 10!!! That's amazing!

Thanks. My goal was finals, but when you are in finals you want even more. For know I just wan't bigger end score no matter the place. I'm not so dissapointed abouth 6th place, but with my execution, because I know I can do it much better!

After an litlle ilness this week after arriving home (wednsday missed training, yesterday so weak) I had realy suprising good training.

Pully system:

10x cross presses

10x inverted cross presses

10x maltese to back lever presses

10x maltese to planche presses

all in one round for warm up

Parallets:

2x from L-seat, press to planche, press to HS, 2x declaine to planche and press up to HS, planche, L-seat ASSISTED

Rings:

2x5 cross presses ASSISTED

2x3 Inverted cross presses ASSISTED

2x swings

1x iron cross press + giant swings forward

1x jonnasons

1x kip to cross, press to maltese + giant swings backwards

1x dismount

1x azarian, press to inverted

1x whole routine

1x 1st half of competition routine with a dismount

1x 2nd half of competition routine with a dismount

2x with 1kg belt azarian press to inverted cross

2x kip to cross, press to maltese

2x kip to maltese, press to inverted (droped like a stone :lol: didn't train this for one year)

1x kip to maltese, press to inverted ASSISTED

1x azarian, press to inverted, direct decline to L-cross, press to inverted, direct decline to L-cross, press to inverted

1x azarian, press to inverted, direct decline to L-cross, press to inverted, direct decline to L-cross, press to maltese

1x victorian (straight body but legs where to low)

I multiplied my handstands and shoulder flexibility by 2. At the begining of training and at the end.

Owerall quite good trainig, didn't want to do to much, because I wass a litlle ill this week.

Yo dude if you get keep getting sick you should definitely supplement with Vitamin D especially since you don't get a lot of sun in the winter from your area I believe.

Thanks, I've already increased my vitamin-mineral supplements.Maybe I should supplement vitamin D aslo. We have moderate days of sun. Bigger problem is, I'm from the morning till the night in the gym, to train myself or kids to earn some money for living.

Pully system:

10x cross presses

At first I didn't see "Pully system" and my jaw was on the floor. How much does that cut down your weight?

I multiplied my handstands and shoulder flexibility by 2. At the begining of training and at the end.

I'm sure this will do you good, in my experience active flexibility is much better result and injury wise for shoulder flexibility :)

Amazing strength, can't wait till I do malteses.

Pully system:

10x cross presses

At first I didn't see "Pully system" and my jaw was on the floor. How much does that cut down your weight?

This is just for upper body warm up for begining and then proceeding to assisted (spotted) variations for warm up, then for easier variations of strength, and at the end the real strength training.

It cuts down cca. 50% of weight.

I discovered I need plenty of exercises (from easier to havier) to get in my full working tempreture. This way is safer to.

I'm sure this will do you good, in my experience active flexibility is much better result and injury wise for shoulder flexibility :)

Amazing strength, can't wait till I do malteses.

Yes, you're right!

If you'll be patient, consistant and if you'll train smart, then you will. Just ask for advice when you'll be there :wink:

• 2 weeks later...

Me-skiny kid at 12 years of age when gymnasts are already a bit bulky :oops:

n1178193891_30390697_4087985.jpg

Everything is possible with good work ethic and time.

I guess I won't compeete at Paris (A ranked) world cup next week. I'm ill (all night vomiting, rised temperature). We'll see how much strength will be lost and if it's worth to try to compeete at that state.

I guess I won't compeete at Paris (A ranked) world cup next week. I'm ill (all night vomiting, rised temperature). We'll see how much strength will be lost and if it's worth to try to compeete at that state.

I hope you recover in time, Gregor! Good luck!

Thanks all of You.

I feel alot better today, no sickness, much better strength (yesterday I could barly walk), temperature on average 36,3°C.

I'm going to Pariz. I made a whole routine todays...

Strength was not so bad, but stamina :? :shock:

I hope I'll compeete well...

I'm going to Pariz. I made a whole routine todays...

Strength was not so bad, but stamina :? :shock:

I hope I'll compeete well...

Good to hear you can go! Hopefully you will be recoverd 100% so you can set a great routine!

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic