• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

Today's training:

Warming up:

1. paraletts with spotting:

2x L-seat, press to planche,press to HS, planche, press to HS, planche, press to HS, planche, L-seat

2. pully system:

10x iron cross presses

10x inverted cross presses

10x back lever presses to maltese

10x maltese presses to planche

3. Rings with spotting:

2x kip to iron cross, kip to maltese, HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross hold for 5s

Warming up for routine:

1. swings

2. swings to HS

3. kip to iron cross, press to maltese

4. giant swings to HS forwards

5. jonnasons

6. kip to iron cross, press to maltese

7. giant swings forward

8. dismount

9. azarian to L-seat, press to inverted

2x whole routines (I didn' complete the second one, due to low stamina):

1. back roll to maltese F

2. nakayama D

3. pike press to inverted D

4. giant swing forward to HS C

5. jonnason D

6. honma to cross D

7. press to maltese E

8. kip to L-seat B

9. giant swing backwards to HS C

10. double straight back with 360° D

Strength training:

with 2,5kg belt:

1. 2x back roll to maltese, nakayama, pike press to inverted cross

2. 2x kip to cross, press to maltese

with 3,5kg belt:

1. 1x kip to iron cross hold for 10s

2. 1x kip to maltese hold for 10s

without belt:

1. 1x inverted cross hold for 5s

2. 2x victorian

3. 1x kip to maltese, litlle lower, litlle higher (few times) SPOTTED

4. 1x iron cross-shoulder rotations forward roll and back 5x

5. 2x HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross hold for 3s SPOTTED

6. 1x iron cross, press up 4x SPOTTED

7. 1x iron cross, press up 4x SPOTTED

Almost the same as Wednsday's training. Added 1kg at few exercises and litlle more exercises. I gues I was a litlle tired from yesterday's training of swings and stamina training.

"When the devil have youngs, he has it alot!"

Nothing is going right this preparation for competitions...4th week in row that I didn't have two trainings!!!!! Monday the heater has broke down again!! It's imposible to train in to cold conditions!

1st week: litlle shoulder injury due to broken heater

2nd week: accident and I injured a biceps

3rd week: I was an ill

4th week: the heater has struck again.

I feel I'm now under-trained!

Ok, I'm going to Cottbus (world cup) in two weeks time....

Today's highlights:

4,5 kg belt:

2x 10s kip to maltese

6 kg belt:

1x 10s iron cross

I'm not completly sure if it's 10s or 9s, because it was my own count and you never know if you did count to quick.

BTW I droped last week from 71 kg to 70,5 kg and today at the end of a week I dropped for another 0,5 kg so my current weight AFTER a training is 70 kg. I am getting in form...

bf% hmm I guess very low, if I look veins on my shulders, stomach, obliques and quads (ok on tiny quads :lol: )..

Height 168,5 cm. So very good to do maltese with 4,5+kgs and I could have hold with more but not 10s. :mrgreen:

wow that sounds impressive! But I'm just a few cm taller than you so I should be able to get malteses down at least without extra weight :mrgreen: Think I'd be around 65-67kg with your same bf% atm.. need more muscle! :mrgreen:

Not anymore here either :P just had to do something while my shoulder was 'retarded' my legs are skinny as always now..except my calves, I was born with huge calves :lol:

Awesome work, Gregor. I wish I could see how it feels to be a beast for a day. How is the victorian training going, any improvements?

Hahaha I don't feel like a beast...yet :lol: . I will be when I will do a routine combination with 5kg and nothing less then with perfect form :D

About victorian training: so, so,... It wasn't regulary on a training program, I have know competitions. It's on my program in pre-season time. But it's not bad at all, only thing that bothers me is when you are close, you are still God damn far and the closer you get the harder it gets.

• 2 weeks later...
Hahaha I don't feel like a beast...yet :lol: . I will be when I will do a routine combination with 5kg and nothing less then with perfect form :D

About victorian training: so, so,... It wasn't regulary on a training program, I have know competitions. It's on my program in pre-season time. But it's not bad at all, only thing that bothers me is when you are close, you are still God damn far and the closer you get the harder it gets.

Cool, if you ever get a video camera you should record your training.

I've returned from Cottbus and placed 6th at finals (first time in finals at world cup). I wasn't pleased with finals (bad routine, but ok for a first time).

We are not going to Doha due to money issues (too expensive trip and much more world cups then previous years).

CONGRATULATIONS on going to finals! You must really be feeling good by working hard once you get there :D

Sucks you're not coming here, wouldve cheered for you :mrgreen: I saw slovenia on the brochure I got at gym but guess they didn't know about the money issues

Thanks, yes it feels good. Now I must work even harder :lol:

Only Pegan went to Montreal from our team, and we still don't know if we are going to Moscow world cup.

I hope, I'll qualify in my tem for more world cups in this year.

Cool, if you ever get a video camera you should record your training.

I have a video camera, but I don't record my trainings (I'm too lazy to film it). I have just videos those from tiny pics for tutorials and few on youtube from competitions if you write Gregor Saksida in search button.

I have a video camera, but I don't record my trainings (I'm too lazy to film it). I have just videos those from tiny pics for tutorials and few on youtube from competitions if you write Gregor Saksida in search button.

I did this and got a video of the Cottbus thing. I liked the L-sit cross to inverted cross

I'm not pleased with a routine, very bad swing part...Tired, nervous, low expiriences on high level competitions,...

L-seated nakayama to inverted is quite good yes. I almost like back roll to maltese,...Need to have more competitions and to train even harder.

Coach Sommer

KtLOC304Vvg

Gregor,

Congratulations on making the finals 8)!

Your strength looked very solid. Very solid indeed. All of your hard work is certainly paying off.

However in order to step up onto the podium, it will now be necessary to focus on the refinement of the overall routine. I have several observations that I noted which I would like to share with you:

1) Your basic ring handstand is still somewhat unstable and out of alignment, particularly when entering the HS position from a swinging element. As you have already mentioned, this was especially noticable during the backuprise HS and the back giant.

2) As you already know, increasing ring strength is always a constant battle with striving to maintain shoulder flexibility. It is interesting to note that Mingyong spends a minimum of a 1:1, sometimes 2:1 :shock:, ratio regarding his shoulder prep time to his ring strength training time. Increasing your focus in this area should help improve both your swinging elements and ring handstand.

3) At the bottom of the pike yamawaki and honma to cross, more strongly pressing the chest forward in front of the ring prior to snapping into position for the skill will increase your rotation. If you find that shoulder flexibility is a limiting factor here, slightly inlocating your hands as you press the chest forward will help.

4) Replacing the bent arm pike press HS with a slow deliberate hollowback press HS would be more aesthetically pleasing.

5) Wait longer before initiating the twist on your second somersault during the dismount. Beginning the twist early is what stalled your rotation and required you to pike down so strongly during the landing.

Once again, congratulations! Your continued improvement and dedication are an inspiration to us all.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks a lot Coach! I got a food for thought, especialy about flexibility

1)Yes, I have very thight shoulders and as a child I couldn't rise my hands above my eyes. If I compare it from a last year it's about 10% better. And I am still embaresd about my flexibility.

2)I'm aware it will help my swings elements. If I look Mingyongs shoulders flexibility prep, then I must drasticly change my flexibility program. Some times I have to much excesive shoulders strenching so I ended injured (guess more patience is needed here).

3)Yes, it's hard for me to even more press down with chest due to flexibility. It helps if I wait in swing longer before piking in, wich obiviuosly I didn't do here. I can do a good jonnason 1 from 3 attempts wich is cca. 33% . For routine I need 8 good jonnason from 10 attempts.

4)Not the first one mentioned that :oops: :lol:

5)VERY INTERESTING!!!

Although It is a real improvement from a last year, I'm very dissapointed about my preparations for first competitions (only last month). Every week a 2 days of training gone wrong (shoulder injury- broken heater and below 10°C,biceps injury,ilness, broken heater again).

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic