Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

I thought so :lol: But thanks for newsletter, I didn't knew they put this elemnt in a code of points. :oops:

Not so much. Occasionally I do elbow (push ups to elbows touching ground) push ups (elbows turned out and turnd in). Also I do a few cycles in the year of simple biceps curls, hammer curls, zottman curls.

Yes, my right grip has coiled around the ring at the dismount. luckly I've regrasp the right ring immediately and hit with the knees on the rings. I got a minor injury of left biceps because of that, so 2 days without of training and at friday the heater has been broken, again (so again no training, I didn't want to risk an injury and train in very low tempreture).

So 3 days off :evil::evil:

EDITED because i wrote my logbook training here oops.....

damn that sucks sounds like some bad days :evil: I guess the positive is you have more time for cardio and lower body stretching :roll: hope your injury gets better :!:

Joshua Naterman

Smart training, gregor! I've gotten into the same mindset, and now I am making much better improvements! I can hold a good tuck planche for around 5 seconds now! I'm still training with my spotted planche, which I think I'm going to keep doing for a long time. It only reduces me to 183 lbs, but that's 50-something pounds lighter than I am! At that "weight" I can hold a 15-20 second flat tuck! :P

I found it (at my kids) tuck planche good for straight arm presses (correction of bending arms). I am stict with turning elbows to lock position and better kids must have their legs started from higher ground then their hands (instead of rising it, they know how much high they must rise).

You can do it on a swis ball to. Like a planche leans, just make a holds in front and you can measure your progress with how much further ahead you can hold a 15-30s.

Ok it seems my preparations for march are going to hell right now. I was sick from wednesday, so today was first training after an ilness. First minor shoulder injury due to low tempreture, second minor biceps injury due to an accident, and last week ilness has struck me.

Last week I've started with competition routines and because of an ilness, today was a second training with doing them. After first routine I didn't manage to complete it, so coach said I should go easier variation but I insisted to do it all or nothing. On a suprising of bouth of us I did whole routine with preaty good execution for this time of season. I wonder how would be look like if I hadn't had health complications.

Training was more like strength oriented (85%), tomorow will be rings stamina training (85%) and just basic holds for 5s (iron cross, maltese and inverted cross).

MY ROUTINE:

1. back roll to maltese F

2. nakayama D

3. pike press to inverted D

4. giant swing forward to HS C

5. jonnason D

6. honma to cross D

7. press to maltese E

8. kip to L-seat B

9. giant swing backwards to HS C

10. double straight back with 360° D

F=1x :arrow: 0,6

E=1x :arrow: 0,5

D=5x :arrow: 2,0

C=2x :arrow: 0,6

B=1x :arrow: 0,2

=3,9

3,9+2,5 (special demands from all groups)=6,4 start score

Joshua Naterman

Congrats on your prep so far! Your plans may have gotten screwed up, but your performance is on track!

I second that, congratulations on your performance after all the trouble :D

For kip to l-sit does arms have to be 100% straight all the time or can you do sort of like muscle up?

Thanks, but before this shity days :mrgreen: my stamina was much better. Strength is somwhere near as it was before the trubles has started.

EDITED: razz: arms should be completly straight. You must go trough high iron cross and press to suport, all in one movement.

Joshua Naterman
Thanks, but before this shity days :mrgreen: my stamina was much better. Strength is somwhere near as it was before the trubles has started.

That's normal, your stamina will be back as good or better than it was in a few weeks. It doesn't take long to rebuild mitochondria levels in the cells. :P

Today's training:

Warming up:

1. paraletts with spotting:

2x L-seat, press to planche,press to HS, planche, press to HS, planche, press to HS, planche, L-seat

2. pully system:

10x iron cross presses

10x inverted cross presses

10x back lever presses to maltese

10x maltese presses to planche

3. Rings with spotting:

2x kip to iron cross, kip to maltese, HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross hold for 5s

1x kip to maltese, press litlle up and litlle down,...

Warming up for routine:

1. swings

2. swings to HS

3. kip to iron cross, press to maltese

4. giant swings to HS forwards

5. jonnasons

6. kip to iron cross, press to maltese

7. giant swings forward

8. dismount

9. azarian to L-seat, press to inverted

2x whole routines (first was better then second one and better then Monday's):

1. back roll to maltese F

2. nakayama D

3. pike press to inverted D

4. giant swing forward to HS C

5. jonnason D

6. honma to cross D

7. press to maltese E

8. kip to L-seat B

9. giant swing backwards to HS C

10. double straight back with 360° D

Strength training:

with 1,5kg belt:

1. 2x kip to iron cross, press to maltese

with 2,5kg belt:

1. 1x kip to iron cross hold for 10s

2. 1x kip to maltese hold for 15s

3. 1x inverted cross hold for 3s

without belt:

1x inverted cross hold for 5s

1x iron cross-shoulder rotations forward roll and back 5x

1x iron cross, press up 4x

1x iron cross, press up 4x SPOTTED

2x HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross, press to HS, inverted cross hold for 3s SPOTTED

I thnk that's all, not to much not to litlle :mrgreen: I didnt write all warming up exercises like dip, HSPU, MU's, core stabilization bla bla bla,...But I did write all exercises in exact order

Thanks!

with perfect form :mrgreen: I could go further like iron cross, but I want just to do cca. 10 sec holds on all basic positions (inverted is not yet that strong but I'm working it).

Wow that's crazy! Guess you could add another kg or two then :twisted:

by the way I have a question for you: On iron cross do you squeeze your shoulder blades together (shorter lever) or push them out to activate lats?

Personally I feel most confident with the first one but I need an expert opinion :D

hmm probably 0,5 kg on maltese, on iron cross in other hand much more for 10s hold (5kg???).

hmmm interesting question, I don't realy know, I never thought about that or trying to put them together or apart :lol: But defenitly I don't put them together. Do what suits you the best, there is no universal troughts (like elbows in or out in iron cross). The right one is always the one on wich you are stronger and is not affecting your transitions to the next level or you are deducted for it.

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic