Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building the body for rings

Gregor

front lever isn't too hard, but i never got around to trying back lever.

What about climbing in a front lever like cirques?

John Sapinoso

lowering down in one arm front lever row negatives?

post a video, I'd love to see that.

I've done normal ascents, double arm hopping ascents and straddle hip twisting while ascending but never tried cirque style one arm descents.

If i had the facility now though, i wouldn't start off with a full release of the other arm on each release, i'd slide it along the rope for safety's sake.

Ok last competition in this year was aour national championship, wich I won (on rings of course). Scored 14,90, with a litlle bit easier routine due to illness before competition and very big problems with ring-grips (raispoirt is not good as it was before :arrow: it's crap).

I noticed for the first time detraining in preparation for nationals (to low intesty focus on pure strength and to much on routine and stamina).

I also felt to change my order of elements and to do more elements before hard ones. The reason was I wasn't warmed up good enough for the hardest elements, so strenght wasn't that good.

Today's training:

I won't write my warming ups, because it's more or less the same on pully...

1. 3x kip to inverted cross

2. 3x kip to cross :arrow: press to maltese

3. 2x azarian :arrow: pike press to inverted

4. 1x back roll to maltese

5. 2x combination: back roll to maltese :arrow: nakayama :arrow: pike press to inverted :arrow: declain to dead inverted hang :arrow: kip to inverted :arrow: elevator to maltese

This was realy hard especialy the first one, so it wasn't clean. I need one more month to do it clean.

6. 1x azarian :arrow: straight press to inverted

7. 1x azarian :arrow: straight press to inverted :arrow: back uprise to inverted

8. 2x back uprsie to inverted cross

9. 3x back uprise to planche (like a crap, no holds...ok third one looked like an atempt :oops: :lol: )

10. 2x back roll to maltese :arrow: drop to BL :arrow: press to maltese

11. 2x victorian

12. one exercise on lower rings to assimilate a victorian but not effective at all...

Weights:

Due to a fact, that my biceps is working alot more then used to and I feel sharp burning pain in high preasure moments I decided to work aditionaly for maximal strength for biceps for at least month or two.

3x 57 kg

2x 62 kg

1x 61 kg

1x 61 kg

1x 62 kg

I need to buy more bigger weights because I can't put it more on a EZ-bar.

I think I can go to 67-70 kg for my max rep at the end of a cycle (today was a second time I've tried this, so...).

This is quite an improvement if I look at the begining of my journey with this topic.

This was the first training of this topic:

2.Rings:

1x azarian-nakayama 2x3s

1x kip to maltese 3s

3x azarian pike press to inverted cross (litlle problem with bent elbows)

2x back uprise to inverted cross 2s (second litlle to qucikly to hold position)

2x back roll to maltese 3s (not so good today)

2x victorian (second one was better)

Duration: 1hour

Joshua Naterman

WOW! That's crazy!

For your biceps, if you are able to try it, try doing your curls with a 3" thick bar. It makes it MUCH harder and more functional, but I don't know if it will do exactly what you are looking for.

slizzardman :arrow: I don't have 3" thick bar, but good idea to try it.

Sternford :arrow: just lower direct form inverted cross to maltese.

sasquatch :arrow: Thanks :D

slizzardman :arrow: I don't have 3" thick bar, but good idea to try it.

Sternford :arrow: just lower direct form inverted cross to maltese.

sasquatch :arrow: Thanks :D

Oh! I thought you meant inverted hang, not inverted cross

• 2 weeks later...
nice man, looking good in that photo :D

As I staited in on of other threads (about bent elbows) I have issues to correct it.

Because there is no competitions for some while, we will do a litlle experiment. As you saw I have increased my work capacity by 100% per strength day and 50% more strength days as before. So now I had 3 times per week. Experiment will be to work with 3 days as a strength day, 2 days as a swing days and on those two days I'll conduct 2 more strength-weak links days...Experiment will be a litlle short for begining, the real one will be in summer.

• 4 weeks later...

I must post this training :twisted: Yesterday I was so angry reading on that 12 years old kid doing 8+cross presses to maltese in row :roll: :twisted: :twisted:

SO warming up:

1.pully system:

:arrow: 10x cross presses

:arrow: 10x inverted corss presses

:arrow: 10x maltese presses to planche

:arrow: 10x back lever presses to maltese

2.paraletts assisted:

:arrow: 2x L-seat press to planche-HS-planche-HS-planche-HS-planche-L-seat

3.rings assisted:

:arrow: 2x kip to cross-kip to maltese-kip to L-seat-PrHS-inverted cross on cables-press up-inverted cross on cables-press up-inverted cross without cables 3s

Rings:

1. 2x kip to cross-press to maltese

2. 2x with 1,5 kg kip to cross-press to maltese

3. 3x with 1,5 kg azarian L-seated-pike press to inverted

4. 2x with 1,5 kg back roll to maltese-nakayama L-seated-pike press to inverted

5. 1x back roll to maltese-nakayama L-seated-pike press to inverted-back uprise to inverted-back uprise to cross 5s

6. 1x from HS back uprise to inverted-back uprise to inverted-giant swing forward C

7. 1x victorian-pike press to inverted (bent elbows, didn't like it)

8. 1x victorian

9. 1x rodrigues (swing)-hahaha bad

10. back uprise to planche :oops: :oops: need alot of work

Weights:

bench prees:

5x3 100 kg

Lat machine:

basicly doing exercises for maltese and all presses, victorian,...

Lat pull down:

5x5 80kg (3rd time doing this,...so weight is not big)

and few others exercises

Today was overload day. I have this scheme one week more, then I will drop fitnnes and work on routines.

BTW stamina is much better on this time then last year.

updates yessss :D Don't worry about that little kid, when I read about your 11 year old iron cross it pisses me off too :lol: But yeah amazing trainings you have! How does azarian to inverted look? Is it like normal azarian and then from cross press to inverted?

Also do you have a video of your victorian? Lots of questions lol, good to see you are improving! :D

It's normal azarian cross and then from cross press to inverted. It's litlle bit havier then from B or C value cross.

No videos of victorian. It's not so good, i didn't train it much lately. Maybe in few years to have it in routine (when you are god damn close you still need a few years to be good for routine hahaha).

IT's somwhere filmed new versions of inverted , malteses, crosses, but all is in my coaches phone. He said to me that it talk to much time to send me a videos hahahaha.

I didn't make whole training today, due to shoulder tension...I gues yesterday was to cold to workout in the gym (just 17°C) and when you are doing hard stuff it's not save.

So litlle rest with strength till friday.

Yesterday I've started supplementing "a joint complex nutrition"(fighter fuel 2):glucosamin, msm, chondroitin,...

I didn't make whole training today, due to shoulder tension...I gues yesterday was to cold to workout in the gym (just 17°C) and when you are doing hard stuff it's not save.

So litlle rest with strength till friday.

Yesterday I've started supplementing "a joint complex nutrition"(fighter fuel 2):glucosamin, msm, chondroitin,...

Sorry to hear about that Gregor!

Cold conditions put the best laid plans to rest. My girlfriend laughs at me because i have a heater in the room i work out in, turned to full. Too bad that won't help in a big gymnastics space.

Joshua Naterman

I solve problems like that by wearing a tank top, a t-shirt, and a sweatshirt layered. No hood usually, and sometimes with the sleeves cut at the elbows. That way you breathe, but you don't get cold muscles. Really important, that is. !!! :)

I've tried with more clothes but it bothers me. Hard to discrabe what bothers me but I can't work with more clothes harder transitions. I can work with sweatshirts but I must buy them (very expensive, from 50€ to 80€ one good shirt ). Maybe less on sales. Only in UK you can buy everything for half price (for clothes).

Kip to inverted is not in a code of points anymore though, so I am not training ON kip but I'm training with kip to inverted FOR cross press to inverted. If you want "swing to strength element" it's better to learn back uprise to inverted (giant swing to inverted).

Sorry I don't have any vid doing it...All videos are in my coaches Nokia.

No. kip to inverted was D value. Inverted cross was never an F value element. Highest ranked inverted cross is Balandin 2 (from dead hang press to inverted), wich is only E value.

Back kip? you mean swing to maltese? oh. Back kip to inverted in this case should be D (back uprise or giant swing to inverted).

• Coach Sommer unpinned this topic