Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Physical Education in Schools

Sean Murphey

Where did you pull all those numbers? The pdf linked has far smaller numbers...

The last page of the pdf contains very similar numbers to the above ones. A couple of criteria mentioned in the thread aren't in the pdf, however. 

Christopher Schwab

Where did you pull all those numbers? The pdf linked has far smaller numbers...

I pulled the number 19 from an email I received from the La Sierra Indiegogo campaign yesterday. The guy running it sent an update.

Edit: Also, I pulled the information from page 10 of the "La Sierra High School Physical Education Department- Concepts Philosophy" book. I have it on my Hard drive, but don't know if I should upload it as the original link I got it from is no longer working (it was last week). 

Ronnicky Roy

Why did this topic suddenly come up out of the blue? I saw this over facebook. Family members were talking about it and now on here. Was there some documentary that was released about bringing this schools past to light?

Stuart Hughes

Dare I add to the mix the fact that the built environment of homes, schools, workplaces, and public areas in many areasalmost mandates inactivity. I'm sure there are forum members in the USA, Canada, and Australia that live in suburbs where sidewalks are actively campaigned against - presumably because only poor people walk - and nothing can be reached from one's home without a car. So when American guests come to stay with me in the UK and I tell them that I walked three miles to reach them they look at me as if I'm absolutely crazy.

Alexander Egebak

Dare I add to the mix the fact that the built environment of homes, schools, workplaces, and public areas in many areasalmost mandates inactivity. I'm sure there are forum members in the USA, Canada, and Australia that live in suburbs where sidewalks are actively campaigned against - presumably because only poor people walk - and nothing can be reached from one's home without a car. So when American guests come to stay with me in the UK and I tell them that I walked three miles to reach them they look at me as if I'm absolutely crazy.

Do parkour ;)

Connor Davies

That's just because you can't take a car anywhere in the UK. In civilised countries, we build roads with the intention of driving cars on them.

Ronnicky Roy

I go for a walk for recreation, relaxation, excitement when the weather is amazing out. When the store is close by.

Lots of reasons to walk : )