Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Stall Bar Recommendations.

Dylan Robertson

Dylan Robertson

As I am not a crafty man, I will not be able to build Stall Bars, nor do I wish to. I would much rather prefer to buy them from a trusted company. I have read the forum posts and generally people recommend the Bailey Stall Bars (From Protherapysupplies.com) or the Gibson Stall Bar (From Gibson or American-Gymnast). I would like to hear any recommendations, reviews if you own the product, and any other thoughts you have that relate to the subject. As of now, I am leaning more towards the Bailey Bars as it is the proper width (Gibson is 34", not 36") has more rungs that are spaced closer together (Every 5.5" I believe, while Gibson's is every 8/9") and is about $200 cheaper. Also if possible, does anyone know what Stall Bars Coach uses at his own Gym?

• 2 weeks later...
Geoffrey Wielingen

I do not know anything about the stall bars you mentioned, but I myself have this one ( https://www.artimex-sport.com/us/products/steel-stall-bars-in-black-7-6-high-code-221-metal-2659). You can also buy a set with, among other things, a dipping station and a pull up bar ( https://www.artimex-sport.com/us/products/set-black-magic-code-269-magic-2648 ), which can be customized (both the entire set and the individual components). The US prices seem to be a lot higher than the European prices though.

Dylan Robertson

I don't need a Pull-Up Bar or a dipping station as I am building A Pull-Ups Bar and Parallel Bars in my backyard. Also there is no way I can pay $700 for something. I don't have that much money laying around. It does look nice though.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
SIMON Stratton

Hi I am based in the UK and looking to purchase some stall bars, could someone recommend a company and also the correct width, number of rungs, height etc for commercial use. I'm looking to do hanging, mobility, flag and lever work from them. Thanks

Everett Carroll

Hi Simon,

I always recommend Rogue's metal stall bars. They have worked great for all of my GB training. I'm not sure where they ship to but that is the only brand I know well enough to suggest. 

Benjamin Renaud

@Dylan Robertson, although I built mine (check out the post I did for complete building instructions) the Bailey ones seem ok. For the money you probably won't find anything better. Just make sure they are hardwood. But like Everett said if you can find a few extra bucks, rogue ones are probably awesome too.

• 1 month later...
Matthew Wiener

With regards to the Rogue metal stall bars, is anyone aware of a pull-up bar that can be attached to it? I don't have the space for a separate pull-up bar and noticed some companies (like Artimex) have separate pull-up bars that mount to the top of a stall bar.

Any recommendations are greatly appreciated.

Matthew Wiener

Thanks Ron.   The bar at the top of the stall bar is helpful for attaching rings but doesn't stick out far enough to accommodate pull ups.  I'll check out the link you provided as well.  Thanks.