Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Squatting and other working from home activities

Chris Clarkson

Chris Clarkson

I now work from home - meaning my lunch break generally becomes my GST time  :D

As a byproduct of working from home I am attempting to work on my squat instead of sitting as much as possible, there's no one to watch me as in an office so I figured why not.

Are there other viable stretches or activities you can do whilst working/holding a conversation on the phone?

Briac Roquet

As you said, there's no one to watch, so just do everything. If you work from your laptop and if it's not too heavy, you can sit, squat, sit in a seiza, in an easy pancake/pike, lie on your back (not very practical to type on a laptop, but for those moments when you just read/watch), walk a bit, lie on your belly, put your computer on an elevated surface and just stand, sit on a theraball and who knows what else.

Just don't let it get in the way of your productivity. Experiment a bit with some positions, don't try too many each day and see what transitions are the most natural, positions in which you can spend time without them becoming too uncomfortable, or else you'll just switch position all the time (e.g. seiza if not used to it).