Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

German hang on rings form check + questions

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all!

This is I how I perform german hang on rings.

Currently I can perform 5 sets of 30 secs with this form.

http://youtu.be/kCmrOydMMKs

I read this exercise is very good to improve shoulder extension! This is something I want to improve! Now a few questions::

1. How about my goal to considered imoroved my shoulder extensions? My body should be almost vertical, is it right? How can I improve it? Should I simply continue to hold the position or should I focus to do something else?

2. Is there a difference about performing german hang on rings instead on the bar with supinated grip?

3. What about ropes lenght? If you see they are put very short, unluckily I do not have so much free space. Could that be a problem? Do I have to lenghten them? Or is the same?

Thank you!!

1) do more of these. give it time. you could also do some assistance exercises like weighted stick dislocates

2) Not enough to worry about. In fact the rings are a bit more forgiving than a bar.

3) Doesn't matter since it's in hang. It like a bar in that sense.

• Upvote 1

Alexander Egebak

Hi all!

This is I how I perform german hang on rings.

Currently I can perform 5 sets of 30 secs with this form.

http://youtu.be/kCmrOydMMKs

I read this exercise is very good to improve shoulder extension! This is something I want to improve! Now a few questions::

1. How about my goal to considered imoroved my shoulder extensions? My body should be almost vertical, is it right? How can I improve it? Should I simply continue to hold the position or should I focus to do something else?

2. Is there a difference about performing german hang on rings instead on the bar with supinated grip?

3. What about ropes lenght? If you see they are put very short, unluckily I do not have so much free space. Could that be a problem? Do I have to lenghten them? Or is the same?

Thank you!!

You have a good starting point.

Normally, german hangs can be very taxing, so you really need pay attention to your chest and biceps. If you feel any weakness or discomfort abandon the position, rest for some time and do them again with feet support.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Di Sanzo

You have a good starting point.

Normally, german hangs can be very taxing, so you really need pay attention to your chest and biceps. If you feel any weakness or discomfort abandon the position, rest for some time and do them again with feet support.

OK Alexander!

I've been working on foundation one and handstand one since four months! Before that I practiced bodyweight exercises on my own. I was able to perform muscle up and back lever on the bar with supinated grip, but I didn't know I was playing with fire. Luckily I don't feel my elbows and biceps so much stressed as I perform german hang on the bar. I did as you suggested, firstly with feet touching the ground.

shoulder mobility is one of my biggest lack, so I thought that I could add this exercise on my routine.

Alexander Egebak

You should aim at going to almost horizontal your hang.

Remember, there are many planes that your shoulder need flexibility in. I guess you are getting plenty o flexion mobility and strength with H1 and dislocates?

Alessandro Mainente

your form needs improvements. you could aim to the pic below,I suppose my form is acceptable.

post-1151-0-25884900-1425902276_thumb.pn

btw if you are on foundations 1 and h1 i suggest you to quit for a while until you reach a decent elbows and shoulders conditioning. to train the flexibility here and obtain the best benefits the elbows must be prepared very well. the risk is that the amount of time you need to spend here could produce more problems than benefits.

• Upvote 3

Connor Davies

I suppose my form is acceptable.

0.o

Alex, are you even human?

Oh, and please tell me you can inlocate between that and a dead hang just by twisting your arms...

• Upvote 2

Alessandro Mainente

0.o

Alex, are you even human?

Oh, and please tell me you can inlocate between that and a dead hang just by twisting your arms...

never tried it before, but I can do the Menichelli movement of rings.