Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wonderful Equilibre (One Arm Planche)

iyaites

Amazing grace and skill and somewhere in the middle of the clip - a one arm straddle planche.

opNPLtZql_U

This is not an one arm stradle planche, amazimg thou.

Why not? From 0:41 to 0:45 it seems to me a one arm straddle planche.

It's more like a one arm stradle human flag or side lever

Now I agree with you, it isn't a one arm planche but I believe that one arm planche is impossible because you cannot stay in equilibrium in prone position with one extended arm.

Here is an example of what is usually considered a one arm planche:

one%20arm%20planche.JPG

Perhaps It should be called one arm human flag.

If you look closely, at 0:46 into the video, his body alignment is much more parallel to the ground than in the picture. His body is almost "closed" like in a planche, facing down, unlike a more "open" flag body sideways position.

Richard Duelley

one%20arm%20planche.JPG

Man I want to be able to do that! I am working hard towards my hand balancing goals but every time I see feats like that it blows my mind! :mrgreen:

I actually have a picture like that and the picture of the ring less victorian on my desktop so I am inspired every time I turn on my computer! 8)

that one arm side lever or planche, whatever you want to call it, is simply mindblowing, I need to find that old school victorian ^^

I saw that one armer a while back while I was researching training methods to supplement my climbing training, anyway it was John Gill's site that hinted the idea that gymnastics and rings may be the way to go, that's how I got here :)

naturlich thanks for the pics :>

Cheers!

That's more like high front lever and easier grip....victorian performed by rodriguez is much more harder and cleaner.

There is a bboy named junior who does stuff very similar to this, the difference being he's dancing while doing it and the lack of a perfect body line. A different style but still amazingly impressive.

He does a held one at the beginning of this

bTiO5x4HoCU

At 2:25 he does this crazy spin and finishes in the 1 arm

9wqIZoI7Gz0

Here's the move gregor was talking about

HYG025z6_sU

I know Gregor that it's like a high front lever, also his grip is simillar to a false grip and his arms are a tad bent, I'll give it a try with me friend tomorrow, well see what'll happen :)

I know Gregor that it's like a high front lever, also his grip is simillar to a false grip and his arms are a tad bent, I'll give it a try with me friend tomorrow, well see what'll happen :)

it's harder than it seems :C

it's harder than it seems :C

:mrgreen: Yes I know :mrgreen:

Mikael Kristiansen

What he is doing is to my knowledge as close as you will come to a 1 arm planche. The best picture I have seen of it is by Paulinetti http://www.lostartofhandbalancing.com/a ... ience.html

To be able to hold the balance over 1 palm in a planche kind of position, you need to arch in your waist, which will twist the hips slightly. In a 1 arm flag you try to keep the entire body sideways, while in a more planche-ish version you would try to keep the chest pointing down as much as possible.

I am actually training 1 arm planches a little bit, and it is actually starting to get somewhere. I can do full flags, but "plancheing" even from a half straddle flag is still quite hard.

I think what's done in this video at about 1:07 is more like a one arm planche, it's still assisted though.

wBvdG2Un1SE

I think what's done in this video at about 1:07 is more like a one arm planche, it's still assisted though.

wBvdG2Un1SE

it looks more like a regular controlled descent from one arm hs to a one arm elbow lever

Julian Aldag

Ha, thats lewie.

Im sure he would have like the fact that his video made it here.

Lewie does do the lower from one-arm to elbow lever. He was also working one-arm planche assisted with weight.

Many people not in the circus world often confuse the one-arm planche with the one-arm (side)flag (Which is actually more a flexibility skill than one of strength). A true one arm planche (or front lever) would be with torso parallel to the floor, not perpendicular.

try to look one second after that then :wink:

real one

Yes i agree, just wanted to show that what he is doing is probably the closest you will get to a one arm planche :)

Mikael Kristiansen

You need some flexibility to do 1 arm flags, but they also require a LOT of power in both your shoulder and oblique area to hold the position.Doing them with legs closed and a good 90 degree angle is very very hard.

Gregor is right in a way, you cannot do a 1 arm planche in its traditional 2 arm form because of the laws of physics. Even so, what these guys are doing is as close as you can get. The muscular stress is different because you cant involve your pectorals as much since you must twist to the side to keep balance. I train it as Lewie does with a weight, I will see if I can get a clip of it here.

The best one I have seen on a clip is by this guy. He is also one of technically the best handbalancers I have ever seen. Look at 2.40.

Nick Van Bockxmeer

fantastic act.

I think this is the best I have seen, its very similar in style too

An interesting point to note is that izossimov did not start training till he was 20.