Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rings Series Question

bobthepi

Apparently "The Rings Series teaches you to safely train beginning ring strength to iron cross and later advanced holds such as maltese and inverted iron cross." Does this mean it leads one to achieving the maltese and inverted cross, or prepares one for the rigors of those skills? Also, is the inverted cross (if achieved) done with or without straps?

Just curious :)

Thanks

Scott Malin

Apparently "The Rings Series teaches you to safely train beginning ring strength to iron cross and later advanced holds such as maltese and inverted iron cross." Does this mean it leads one to achieving the maltese and inverted cross, or prepares one for the rigors of those skills? Also, is the inverted cross (if achieved) done with or without straps?

Just curious :)

Thanks

By the end of the Rings Series you will be able to do all of those strength positions. That said, Rings Three and Four will be quite advanced and require a great deal of consistency, hard work and patience to master. Those without the latter will very quickly appreciate the upcoming GB course Bicep Tendonitis for Dummies:icon_twisted:

• Upvote 8

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to revive an old thread, but what hold times are achieved for crosses, planches, malteses, etc. What about sets and reps for presses? I just want to know what kind of strength rings series takes you to.

Coach Sommer

Sorry to revive an old thread, but what hold times are achieved for crosses, planches, malteses, etc. What about sets and reps for presses? I just want to know what kind of strength rings series takes you to.

Good questions, however course specific information of this nature is restricted to the private ring strength forum.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I think he just wants to get an idea of what mastery of those final elements in the Rings Series are like rather than trying to get an idea of the specific programming.

• Upvote 1

Timothy Aiken

I think coach understands that and still won't share it, as that is still somewhat programming.