Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Why I am stuck at my strength level on rings?

gogy

I am curious why I am stuck at same strength level on rings, as for example I could do easily around 10 dips 6 months ago and I can do them now and also can do same amount of pull ups and rows. Also I can't hold my holds any longer than before, nor I can do planche or front lever easily, only thing I got is more sore muscles recently especially elbows, shoulders.

I also think I am to high and heavy for gymnasitcs as I am 186cm tall and have 79kg.

I have F1 book, but stoped doin exercises for several months and  (did for example Rope climbing all 6 levels and others to level 4 ) as I don't have enough space for them, now I moved to new home so I will be able to do them :D My biggest strugle were V-ups :/

Edited by gogy

It could be due to a lot of factors, lifestyle, recovery, nutrition, bad programming, going too heavy too often. Are you doing deloads weeks ? It sounds pretty much like if you are burn out.

• Upvote 1

Deload is for me like to do shorter workout or skip cycling during bad weather for a week. I also have maybe max 3 days in a row of rest a year and no holidays or sth like tht. When I feel really sore I just do for example static holds for whole practice or some swings on paralell bars.

My daily routine is 1.5-2 hrs cycling and 1.5-2hr SW/gymnastics so I usually do around 3-4 hours a day of sports. I train 3 days - 1 day off - 2 days - 1 day off and not like others 5 days and weekends off.

Edited by gogy

I wouldn't be surprised if you have "Minor" muscle groups that need to be strengthened and it is the same minor muscles that are holding you back.

Ryan Hutchins

I'm 180cm and 84kgs so i understand the struggle. Gymnastic strength is slow strength. If you have gotten stuck then you need to examine what you do. Maybe you should do your GB training first and then get on the bike. Or do it on a different day altogether. If something isn't working then you need to stop doing it and figure out an alternative. 6 months is too long to go without making significant progress. At least with strength it is. With technical skills in gymnastics it is not uncommon for an athlete to spend years developing a skill.

• Upvote 1