Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Left hip discomfort after running

Hannibal Ahmed

Hannibal Ahmed

I'm a high school track athlete, and there's a mildly irritating hip discomfort after running.  I'm thoroughly convinced that it's the actual hip and not the hip flexor or quad, my hip flexors aren't tight, I'm about 5 inches away from front splits.  I was wondering if anybody knows what I'm experiencing and/or how to fix it.  Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
Hannibal Ahmed

Lol, I got it checked out, turns out it was actually my pelvic bone, not exactly my hip, I think it might've been a serious muscle strain since I'd almost tripled my sprinting frequency without much buildup

Hannibal Ahmed

it wasn't quite the bone (got x-rays, no problem) it was whatever's over the bone, and whenever my hip went into extension under load aka walking, jogging, sprinting, straight-legged hip flexor work.  So I was limping all over the place when it was bad, so what I'm gonna do now, is I'm gonna progress jumping rope (single unders, double unders, single legged, single legged double unders, in that order) until I feel ready to sprint again.  lifting however, provides no problems, so I'll be doing that too.

I would seriously the use of a lot of a single leg work at the time. DB/KB single leg deadlifts for instance I have a found to be a panacea for my lower back/right hip issues because of a muscle imbalance.