Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Foundation and tricking

Mario Mario

I'm probably not the best person to answer since I don't trick (but I do enjoy the videos) but since no one else is taking you seriously... It might help some particularly with core strength and flexibility but otherwise it would be pretty indirect. There's no jumping tumbling or kicking in foundation. Hopefully someone with experience tricking will answer soon.

• Upvote 1

Timothy Aiken

Hey, I trick! It helps immensely.

Side Lever and Single Leg Squat progressions are where I have experienced the most benefit. The back development from the early SL progressions has been very helpful for me with arabians, scissor swipes, and webster swings (anything that lands forward, swings forward, or opens forward). Posterior explosiveness is key with those tricks, and Foundation is perfect for that. Foundation lays down a base of strength which you can specialize through actually doing tricks and turn into crazy explosiveness. Single Leg Squat is the same way, but with leg strength. Carryover is seen in all tricks. 

SL progressions which develop oblique strength are great for twisting stability and power as well.

MN progressions which develop pike flexibility and strength in compression are really helpful for snapping the tuck enough for double backs, rocket boys, and related skills.

The mobility helps with strong knees, flexible hips for kicks and the like, and opening up the shoulders and hips for effective setting.

One thing Foundation does not cover is ankles, so you'll have to condition those yourself. Also, good hyperhooks take a bit more than just Foundation to prepare your body and hips for.

There's tons of other things Foundation has helped with my tricking personally, but in general it makes me more powerful and less injury prone. Lately, my tricking has become solely skill development and training my body in activation. Foundation has put and continues to put the strength there for me to learn most tricks, while actual tricking takes care of the rest as far as my body learning to use that strength for tricks.

Hope that helped. Any specific concerns as far as what you want out of Foundation?

• Upvote 7