Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back Lever for Level 4

bobthepi

Okay, so I understand that adult beginners should not attempt back levers. What about level 4 boys going for the bonus? What progressions are followed in this scenario? I know a kid wanting to get back lever, but at his gym they just do (heavily) handspotted full back levers, which really don't help (no progressions :( )

What progressions could he use? 

Thanks.

For young competitive athletes simply take them directly into full back lever training.  They will thrive under this protocol as they are not yet dealing with the chronic issues which adults have developed after years of reduced range of motion and inappropriate strength training.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply Coach! I noticed that due to posture problems, some of the kids have anterior pelvic tilt. And they have trouble doing full hollow body. They can't progress from bent rocks to straddle, even after mastering bent rocks (like 50 reps 5 sets). Any suggestions?

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my post!

• Upvote 1

Coach Sommer, could you help with the Anterior Pelvic Tilt thing by any chance?

Yes. It is addressed thoroughly in Handstand One.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Thanks Coach! So for people with anterior pelvic tilt and other posture issues, handstand one will benefit the hollow/arch work found in foundation?