Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Resistance Tubing for Stretch Series Thoracic Bridge

Marc Aubin

Kamali Downey

Are you still happy with these? I'm 180 cm (5'11"), would these be long enough? Thanks!

Yes, still happy with these.  If I want to do the TB series, I need something.  I this suffices until another better option is presented to me. I'm 5'9" and they work well

One thing I have done that I find useful is to double up on the cords ( I use the black and red) when I am doing the curling stomach on the ground exercises.  The doubling of cords gives me a stronger cord and gives me more pull at the top which is what I need.  Try it, it helps.

Kamali Downey

And slightly off-topic: what size ball do you guys use for TBs Se15 (inverted cat)? I'm thinking 75 cm, or would that be too large?

For the inverted cat, I found the 75 cm much too big. (I'm 5'9") I feel a get a better stretch with the 65 cm ball.  I'm glad I bought both, because you really need a right sized ball to do the stretch properly to drop the hips.

For those closer to 6 ft and above, perhaps the 75 cm ball would work perfectly

• 2 weeks later...
Leonhard Krahé

Hi everybody,

maybe look for a so-called "pulling rope" (at least that would be the exact translation).

It is used in training for swimmers (and, apparently, cross-country skiers) for both strength and technique.

I had mine in the mail today, it's bungee and has exactly the right length.

Kasper Stangerup

Isn't it quite straight forward to pick a band that has sufficient strength, elasticity and length and then just grip it at an appropriate point to get whatever resistance you need? This is what I do, and it works great (for me). I have a separate band for supine and prone pulls, since for the prone ones I need a significantly stronger band to get high enough to challenge my mobility.

• 7 months later...
Christian Vetter
On 11/5/2015 at 6:48 PM, Leonhard Krahé said:

Hi everybody,

maybe look for a so-called "pulling rope" (at least that would be the exact translation).

It is used in training for swimmers (and, apparently, cross-country skiers) for both strength and technique.

I had mine in the mail today, it's bungee and has exactly the right length.

Hey Leonhard,

What's the exact name in German, and where did you get yours?

Thanks in advance :)

Leonhard Krahé
2 hours ago, Christian Vetter said:

Hey Leonhard,

What's the exact name in German, and where did you get yours?

Thanks in advance :)

Zugseil.

I got it from amazon, the manufacturer is Schmid Sports. If I recall correctly, mine is "medium" strength but I should rather have gone with the light one.

• 5 months later...
On 9/24/2015 at 2:36 PM, Kamali Downey said:

I also opted for the sportcords. I could not wait any longer and wanted to get the most out of my stretch training. I got the multipack and use the thickest (black) for when I'm on my stomach curling up and the green band (less resistance) for curling down when on my back.

For those using sportcords, did you have to purchase one extra cord in each color, or does one cord stretch enough (I'm 5ft 11).  What colors are you all using?  Thanks

Giovanni Garcea
2 hours ago, Simon Hunter said:

For those using sportcords, did you have to purchase one extra cord in each color, or does one cord stretch enough (I'm 5ft 11).  What colors are you all using?  Thanks

I think you should be fine with one cord x color. I changed the colors over time, right now I'm using Blue for the first exercise and Black plus Red together for the second exercise. I don't see myself going any higher in resistance for the first exercise for a while, while I might try Black plus Green on the second in the next few weeks.

• Upvote 1

Everett Carroll

Hey Joaquin,

We don't have an official release date at this time. Please keep an eye out on the website for up to date info.

• Upvote 1

Joaquin Malagon

Alright I'll keep an eye out. In the meantime, is there a brand you would personally recommend?

• Upvote 1

Hi Joaquin, 

Just about any bungee brand works, Id also recommend getting a few different size bungees so you have some options to play with. 

• 6 months later...
Hugo Arguinariz

Anyone with experiences on 6mm vs 8 mm bungee cords?

8 mm seems much easier to find online in <5 meters lengths, but I'm afraid it may be too strong?

Fitness ones are overpriced and hard to find, but climbing/scuba diving ones cost around 2 Euro/USD per meter.  (and ironically are much sturdier than fitness ones, as they are designed for tough environments). 

• 2 months later...
Katherine Zodiaco

Hello all, OK. I'm more confused than ever haha. What the heck am I supposed to be using for the thoracic stretch series? 

I had a peek at the GB store and don't see bungees available there - any chance I just overlooked them & GB is selling them? If not, what are you all using now? I really need something that's no assembly required as I'm mechanically challenged. Thanks!

Simon Hunter
7 minutes ago, Katherine Zodiaco said:

Hello all, OK. I'm more confused than ever haha. What the heck am I supposed to be using for the thoracic stretch series? 

I had a peek at the GB store and don't see bungees available there - any chance I just overlooked them & GB is selling them? If not, what are you all using now? I really need something that's no assembly required as I'm mechanically challenged. Thanks!

Based on this thread I also got the sportcords and that is what I have been using for the past year.  I'm a relative novice especially when it comes to mobility.  I have the green, blue & black cords.  I currently still only use the green or blue or combination of both but they work for me.  Good luck.

• 11 months later...
On 8/29/2017 at 9:22 PM, Everett Carroll said:

I prefer these bands: Was

I was looking at buying some shock cords/ bands. Why cant I see which one was chose by
@Everett Carroll  - Can you send me a link? 

Also I am trying to have a friend bring over some items as I cant find them in current country.

So I am wondering if the 6mm (1/4") & 8mm (5/16") of Shock Cords / Bungee Cords are still the preferred recommendation (the last time I read about it).  x Length is Twice or Double the of a Persons Height? 

Edited by Avi Samuel
More data

On 8/13/2018 at 9:28 PM, Everett Carroll said:

image.png

Thanks. Looked it up. Looks & i guess works way different from normal single band cords. 

Are these recommended over the Shock/ Bungee cord types that Coach had preferred before?