Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Resistance Tubing for Stretch Series Thoracic Bridge

Marc Aubin

Coach Sommer

We are currently in negotiations with my manufacturer to see if I can get a reasonable enough price on a bulk order to offer you guys my custom bungee straps.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Wolf with one ear,

Were you able to get your order yet from Hooks and Cord?  If so, what dimensions (length & thickness in mm) would you recommend?

Thanks.

I received the package from Hooks and Cord within a day or so of ordering them.  The length of 12 feet has been more than enough.  i have not used the smaller line (6mm) yet as much as the 9mm (3/8)  and the 1/2.  I have yet to try to fix a hog tie on them.  I have actually been successful in using a figure eight knot (as used in rock climbing) to make a workable loop.  

Kevin Murray

I got my Cord, 8,10,12,16mm.  I initially ordered 7' lengths - this is too short for me a full extension. 10' -12' depending on your handle setup is probably perfect.  I find that even the 8mm causes my Traps to burn near the end of the set.

• 2 months later...

It's been a while since I've used Lifline bands, but  if my memory serves me, I'd start with the magenta or orange (I don't want to put a weight value to it, because they don't really mean much)

My biggest concern would be the length of the bands. You do NOT want to overstretch these bands, they can snap!

The main reason we prefer a quality bungee is because they stretch much more evenly. The second reason is they are safer, the textile sheath protects against sudden breaks.

In fact when we were using the LL bands in my old yoga studio we did have one snap and hit a student in the face. Not nice.

We are getting close to releasing our own custom bands after doing extensive research.

After looking at a number of vendors and testing various configurations with them, we have found that the length of the band needs to be on the order of 7 feet.

Most fitness bands are 4-5 feet long. so most standard fitness bands are a little too short to use as a single. Wi9th LL you could get the triple handle and attach two 4 foot bands, using the anchor as a handle. That IMO is the only safe way.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
Kevin Conley

So do we just not do that portion of the program until this product is available?

Keilani Gutierrez

So do we just not do that portion of the program until this product is available?

i've been using the bands we'd use with the RC iM's. it's kind of easy with the supine band pull, but with the prone one is an entirely different story. until something better comes along :)

Kevin Conley

Can you provide a link to where I can get some? I have no idea what type to get and what not. Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Damien Del Russo

Considering how central the bungee exercises are to the stretch courses, I find the lack of links and/or DIY instructions a bit disappointing. I understand GB wants to make these available, but I've had the stretch courses for months and have been flopping and flailing through the thoracic work long enough. I am anti-snap so I want a sheathed bungee.

This seems reasonably close, but I would need 2 as I stretch well past 7 feet with my hands over my head:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Bands-Shielded-Resistance-Carabiner-Connector/dp/B00BC2TQ6E/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1443104804&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=sheathed+resistance+band

This one is long enough, but not really intended for our type of stretching (no handles). I don't know how strong the resistance is:

http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Recoil-Degree-Resistance-Trainer/dp/B002CLK26M

For DIY bungee, this product looks pretty reasonable for our purposes, too:

http://www.amazon.com/CargoBuckle-F05388-100-Feet-Utility-Stretch/dp/B000CSNISQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1443105340&sr=8-10&keywords=8%27+bungee+cord

I'm not sure what thickness would be best - probably 5/16" or 3/8"?

Any thoughts on these or other candidates? I will post if I try one in the meantime.

Thanks,

Damien

Giovanni Garcea

Considering how central the bungee exercises are to the stretch courses, I find the lack of links and/or DIY instructions a bit disappointing. I understand GB wants to make these available, but I've had the stretch courses for months and have been flopping and flailing through the thoracic work long enough. I am anti-snap so I want a sheathed bungee.

This seems reasonably close, but I would need 2 as I stretch well past 7 feet with my hands over my head:

http://www.amazon.com/Body-Bands-Shielded-Resistance-Carabiner-Connector/dp/B00BC2TQ6E/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1443104804&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=sheathed+resistance+band

This one is long enough, but not really intended for our type of stretching (no handles). I don't know how strong the resistance is:

http://www.amazon.com/SKLZ-Recoil-Degree-Resistance-Trainer/dp/B002CLK26M

For DIY bungee, this product looks pretty reasonable for our purposes, too:

http://www.amazon.com/CargoBuckle-F05388-100-Feet-Utility-Stretch/dp/B000CSNISQ/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1443105340&sr=8-10&keywords=8%27+bungee+cord

I'm not sure what thickness would be best - probably 5/16" or 3/8"?

Any thoughts on these or other candidates? I will post if I try one in the meantime.

Thanks,

Damien

I know that sportcords have already been looked at by the GB team and it was concluded that they are not optimal, but they were the best available alternative I found and I'm happy with them. Having said that, my height is 170cm. I don't think they would work as well for a much taller guy.

http://www.amazon.com/SportCord-Fitness-System-Bungee-Type-Exercise/dp/B0042Q7C4K

I also opted for the sportcords. I could not wait any longer and wanted to get the most out of my stretch training. I got the multipack and use the thickest (black) for when I'm on my stomach curling up and the green band (less resistance) for curling down when on my back.

Damien Del Russo

So I went to Lowe's this weekend and found light flat bungees that work quite well. I bought 2x4 feet and 2x2 feet. They easily attach together and being flat I can adjust my grip to change tension. Probably not GB quality but for $11 I doubt you can better :-)

• 2 weeks later...
Graham Smith

I've been using the tubing with handles.  The thicker bands like IronEdge are great, but way too expensive for what they are (at least in Australia) and I've been smacked in the face by failing therabands way too many times to recommend them.

I think I found it! This one:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Pull-rope-belt-tension-fitness-elastic-latex-solid-rubber-band-strength-training-with-bungee-cord-4M/1589146330.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.46.lp4NLb&ws_ab_test=201556_8,201527_3_71_72_73_74_75,201560_1

It is pretty tey long, but you can always shorten it by making a knot in the middle.

It is just not pretty cheap...

Edited by Mikeysun

• 2 weeks later...
Michaël Van den Berg

I also opted for the sportcords. I could not wait any longer and wanted to get the most out of my stretch training. I got the multipack and use the thickest (black) for when I'm on my stomach curling up and the green band (less resistance) for curling down when on my back.

Are you still happy with these? I'm 180 cm (5'11"), would these be long enough? Thanks!

Michaël Van den Berg

And slightly off-topic: what size ball do you guys use for TBs Se15 (inverted cat)? I'm thinking 75 cm, or would that be too large?

JonasPortugal

And slightly off-topic: what size ball do you guys use for TBs Se15 (inverted cat)? I'm thinking 75 cm, or would that be too large?

You guys overthink a lot. No need for a ball, I use an old chair with a small pillow and hold on the feet of a furniture. 

Vytautas Pilkauskas

Hey, another few questions:

I found a cord in a local harware store, however it is translated as a "Rubber expander". I googled images of a bungee cord and that piece of cord and they look alike. Will go to check it soon anyways but any reply would be amazing! :)

How strong is it meant to be for TB stretching? 10 mm, 8 mm or 6 mm? (choosing from these figures)

And I found one cord which can stretch up to 150% of its original length. What is the most suitable for TB exercises?

Michaël Van den Berg

That's not overthinking, these balls are cheap and available everywhere. I'm just wondering what size to get since they are available in many diameters.

JonasPortugal

That's not overthinking, these balls are cheap and available everywhere. I'm just wondering what size to get since they are available in many diameters.

How tall are you? The 75cm is enough for me (186cm). It's considered a large size. A size smaller also works fine for me. If you're shorter, I recommend a medium size. What matters is that you get your elbows low enough so you can feel the stretch (not in the elbows, but in the shoulders).