Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Resistance Tubing for Stretch Series Thoracic Bridge

Marc Aubin

I am working on making our bungees available in the online store.  In the meantime, Amazon is your friend.  ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I disagree with recommending the tubing.  Tubing does not allow nearly enough range of motion during the thoracic pulls.  Bungees are the best tool for these, with therabands a distant second.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Kamali Downey

I am working on making our bungees available in the online store.  In the meantime, Amazon is your friend.   ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sounds great that eventually you will offer them here.....

In the meantime could some one provide a link to the Amazon ones you are speaking of? 

would be much appreciated

George Launchbury

I just had a quick look on Ebay, and ordered some bungee cord 'from the reel' including delivery. Example prices below:

5M x 10mm - £7.20

5M x 8mm - £5.21

5M x 6mm - £4.21

Hopefully a simple bowline in the end will suffice for a handle, otherwise I'll have a look into attaching something more comfortable?

May or may not be the right stuff, but cheap enough for a punt.

Edit: Will update with feedback on how strong they are, and how the 'handles' work out, etc.

• Upvote 1

Janne Mäkiniemi

Maybe the equipment needed should be adjusted then on the course info page?

I got the impression that "resistance tubing" means theratubes, and bought ones.

But, luckily I should be able to return them to shop :)

Any recommendation on the resistance/thickness of the cord?

I cant really find anything meant for fitness purposes, so best choice would be to buy just a pack of long cord and tie the ends to loops. But they do not have really much info on how much resistance they provide.

I was thinking of ordering a spool of 1/4 inch line on Amazon and then looping it for the equivalent of a 1/2 line.  That way I would have a 1/4 inch line and a 1/2 line from one purchase.  Or even more.  Still, I am going to try to find a local vendor first, so I can just purchase the length and gauge I would like.  

George Launchbury

I just had a quick look on Ebay, and ordered some bungee cord 'from the reel' including delivery. Example prices below:

5M x 10mm - £7.20

5M x 8mm - £5.21

5M x 6mm - £4.21

Hopefully a simple bowline in the end will suffice for a handle, otherwise I'll have a look into attaching something more comfortable?

Edit: Will update with feedback on how strong they are, and how the 'handles' work out, etc.

These arrived today, and initial thoughts are that 10mm is going to be too much resistance for me (currently). Not sure whether 8mm or 6mm will be better, though I'll have a clearer idea tomorrow when I've used them in the TB Series. Probably start with 8mm, and scale up/down as appropriate.

I was not able to locate a local vendor, but I found an on-line bungee retailer who sells by the foot.  It costs more per foot than buying by the spool, but the 1/2 inch chord was far too expensive to buy an entire spool.  I ended up getting 3/8" (9mm); 1/4" (6mm); and 1/2"  The shipping was a bit, but it was sent out promptly.  Their shipping was less than another on-line retailer, too.  I am hoping the length is enough - 12 feet.  I regret not getting something longer, but I hope it will do for now.  I did not get any hooks or end caps yet.  

The vendor is "Hooks & Cord"  www.hookandcord.com

Michael Blythe

West marine boat stores sell 1/8" to 1/2 " bungee cord by the foot . Most good marine or dive shop will also have it .

• Upvote 1

I used to have one of those stores just down the street from my office, but then it closed.  Alas.  Probably doesn't help that I live in the middle of a dry valley.  

JonasPortugal

If I'm understanding this correctly the bungee cords are very cheap.

My father, and everyone of his age that had old Macal motorbikes (50cc) had these kinds of straps to carry things in their bikes. He had coloured ones, here's an example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/6-x-New-Bungee-Straps-Cords-Set-With-Hooks-Elasticated-Rope-Cord-Various-Size-/360972975195?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item540baa7c5b

Then you just need to add a handle. You can just wrap an old piece of belt around it, no need to buy expensive cords. It's all branding guys.

Bryce Hewett

One idea for this... I just bought some 'resistance band handles' (I guess that's what they're called) for ~$12, and a door anchor (~$5), and I'll stop by a hardware store to pick up some generic bungee cords (with the hooks on the ends) (probably ~$5 or so I'm guessing). One hook can attach to the door anchor (or possibly my pull up bar if not), and the other hook can attach to the connecting ring on the handles.

I'm just not too sure how long the bungees should be. I'm around 5'10" so I was thinking around 3-4 ft for each bungee (so 3-4 ft for each side of my body)

Here are the links to what I got, but if you look around you'll see plenty of other choices...

Handles: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006O0OMH2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Door anchor: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0091MCAGK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kamali Downey

Coach - Could please link to your top 3 or 5 choices from Amazon? Thanks in advance. :)

I second this motion......  This would be very helpful Coach.  I want to make sure I get the right ones, and I already bought all of the Stretch series.  Headed to WalMart today to get the big exercise ball

• Upvote 1

Christopher Schwab

I second this motion......  This would be very helpful Coach.  I want to make sure I get the right ones, and I already bought all of the Stretch series.  Headed to WalMart today to get the big exercise ball

I third this motion. Would be very helpful indeed. :)

• 2 weeks later...
John Kiggundu

Wolf with one ear,

Were you able to get your order yet from Hooks and Cord?  If so, what dimensions (length & thickness in mm) would you recommend?

Thanks.

Kevin Murray

5M x 10mm - £7.20

5M x 8mm - £5.21

5M x 6mm - £4.21

Use the correct Shock Cord Diameter Hog Clips Rings to form an eye (1 or 2 clips depending on cord diameter) or zap-straps like shackles (2 or 3 depending on thickness).  Also you will need to burn the ends or use heat shrink to prevent unravelling of the cover.

Attempting to to tie a knot in Shock Cord is an exercise in futility.