Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Balance is very bad on Crow stand.

amar654

I am new to working on my handstand and one of the moves I am doing to help is the crow stand. But my balance is horrible on it. I know I have the strength to do it because a couple times I actually got balanced and help it for around 20 seconds before I lost balance again. Most times I can only get it held for 2-3 seconds before my weight falls forward. What can I do to help this?

Timothy Aiken

This exercise develops good shoulder and elbow stability as well as reinforcing shapes. Another huge thing it does is build up the stabilizing ability of the forearms and hands which will be very necessary for the later progressions. 

Since stabilizing is as much CNS as it is muscular, you'll adapt fairly quickly. You could try the exercise in the video below, to help develop stability as you lean over your hands. Really focus on pressing through your fingers for the whole exercise as described in the video.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
Ruslan Vinnytskyi

I put  big thumb tiptoe of one leg on the floor. It helps a lot, and than lift it periodicaly until you feel stable position.