Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Do you have to always train at the same time of the day

Boban Ilievski

Boban Ilievski

If one trains let's say mostly in the evening, does that mean that every training session has to be at the same time to be the most effective? Right now I'm training three times a week: Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. At Tue/Thu I can only train in the evening, so I do my training at 19:00. But on Sunday I'm free all day, but I find it easier on my schedule to do the training in the morning at 09:00. What are the effects, if any, when following such a disbalanced schedule?

Alexander Svensson

I remember reading quite a while ago that the body remembers at what time you do your exercise and as such it becomes more effective at that time. If one is involved in a competitive sport (weightlifting for example) and the competition is early in the morning but you always work out in the evening then your performance would suffer.

You train when you feel most ready. If you can't do that then MAKE yourself ready.

edit: your routine isn't disbalanced. Are you planning on becoming an olympic gymnast? Train when you feel most ready. Don't overthink this.

Edited by WadeWilson