Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Front and Back flip

Marco

I'd learn front and back flip, but I don't be able to do a simple flip with hands on floor or a cartwheel.

Suggestions?

• 1 month later...

Get a spotter(preferebly someone experienced) and very soft ground or panel mats.First time i practiced front flips i did them from a bench on the grass in the park and in on eof the attempts i got scared in mid-air and i fellon my back.So yeah,you can die,so first practice them with a more experienced person.

This is probably best learned in a gym with proper mats. If you don't have access to that, I suggest learning them IN the pool first.

Not from the side but while standing IN the pool.

• 1 month later...

I'm with blairbob. If you have access to one of those non-bouncing diving boards, you should try stuff off of it.

I think it would be a bad idea for you to learn flips without a cartwheel. It doesn't cross over to better flips, but... It's just strange to encounter someone who can't. It's usually not the strength either, just bad technique.

Watch a LOT of different videos of people doing them. Watch slo mo ones and read up on how to do it.

PS- Don't look up in a backflip, if you decide to attempt one. I hear a lot of people say that.

I learned all my tricks on grass (afraid to jump off of anything in fear of over rotating). Then again, I didn't have access to anything like mats or trampolines. You should learn to roll. Then learn to BREAKFALL!!!!!!! Besides that it's a really helpful skill, some of them require you to do 3/4 of a front flip and land on your back. It'll help you with the fear of it :D Just make sure you do it right. Do it wrong, and you'll feel it. It doesn't hurt when you do them correctly.