Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The GB Stretch Courses are Here

Coach Sommer

Practice. ;)

In all seriousness, the body responds by being placed in the correct positions, with the correct exercises and following the correct dosage. Give yourself time. It will come.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I had the same trouble so just sat at the top of the stretch and rocked back and forwards through to mimic the correct movement!

Umm...they changed. Check your Foundations programming for the first 14 or so progressions.

By the way, did the Front Split series yesterday, damn it feels good. Best analogy I can think of is that I felt like an unclogged toilet. Everything felt like it was flowing as it should! Can't wait to see where this takes me in a year and how it affects my Foundation progress.

I don't understand, does the exercises and the set&reps changed in the SL progressions?

There is no ABH no more or something like that?

Edited by itaman8

What did you mean by saying SL progressions changed?

All Foundation Course owners received an email notification of the update.  All further discussion of the new SL progressions should be conducted in the Foundation Private forum.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Can't wait to buy it.

And now for Movement One.....when can this be expected?

So excited about this Movement Series......I was privy to seeing some clips of it at one of the London UK seminars and just stoked to see it in full....bring on the dynamic physique!!!! ;)

• Upvote 1

Ronnicky Roy

They stated "look forward to Stretch One and Movement One very soon". Stretch is here so movement can't be too far off

Murray Truelove

Is there warmup in split series?

I've done them all from cold without any problem as you do some warm up stuff. I can definitely see how warning up beforehand might be beneficial.

If you can, it would be good to do them after your Foundation workout.

Oleksandr Popov

I've done them all from cold without any problem as you do some warm up stuff. I can definitely see how warning up beforehand might be beneficial.

If you can, it would be good to do them after your Foundation workout.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
Luka Kopusar

Have been stretching for 4 weeks now, MS and FS, i am seeing some changes, currently not so much in increased ROM but my muscles are getting stronger, feeling greater pull all around. So once a week, and not doing much till the next week is actually pretty good, seeing results. I will not abandon the program for at least a year. 

The only cons i found was there is not a person in the video with low mobility. They are all very flexible. I am not there yet, so it would be better there could be a person, with medium level of flexbility, or coach would show some less demanding stretch position, but with the same stretch action. With some exercises i am strugling of how to properly achieve to stretch the demanded area

my 2 cents

Coach Sommer

... The only cons i found was there is not a person in the video with low mobility. They are all very flexible. I am not there yet, so it would be better there could be a person, with medium level of flexbility ...

While they are currently flexible, it is important to understand that they most certainly did not start out that way.  Orench especially was tighter than all of you put together.  And he got there by doing the same stretches that I am asking you to do.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 2

Patrick laughlin Laughlin

I feel like Foundation itself is an education in leverage and positioning that has great carryover to the scaling optionally required in the Stretch courses.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...
Stephan Versendaal
On 21-2-2015 at 4:15 AM, Javier Gorriz said:

For now I can only afford to get one of the courses (have to buy a new dishwasher ) and I think it's really going to be hard to fit in more than one session per week anyway. My plate is already very full. Would it be acceptable to do one session of stretching per week and rotate through the different stretching courses? I don't say optimal, just acceptable?

I am wondering this myself, is one stretch serie enough once every 3 weeks?

Can this be combined with a product called rom wod, or should i stick with 1 of the 2?

Douglas Wadle

I wouldn't spread yourself out too much and not actually get the most out of your product. I would buy the stretch series and follow it.  If you choose to use another product, I would follow it.  Halfway committing to something is a good way to spend a lot of money and not make any progress.  

Kevin Easton

I don't think people give enough credit to stretching.

I have been doing MS and FS since the beginning of the year.  I was about 7" from touching the floor on my standing pike (yes, I was that stiff).   With a small warmup I can now touch the ground.  Some people laugh at the ability to touch, but seeing how bad I was when I started this is a huge difference.

I also have a huge problem with shin splints when I run.  I have not changed anything from last year when it comes to running.  I am a fair weather runner (I only go when it's nice out :D ) and I have started running agian.  This time last year I would have had to take some time off and ice my shins and lay in bed with throbbing shins.  I have changed nothing this year other than adding in stretching and I have had ZERO issues with my shin splits. 

My orthotics didn't do a whole lot, stretching made a huge difference for me however. 

I was never flexible and never enjoyed stretching because I sucked at it.  I've now come to realize how important mobility is.  I feel better now than I did in my 20's.

• Upvote 2