Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back straps

Maarten Pijls

Matthew Walker
23 hours ago, Jonathan Skubis said:

Thanks for the tips! Found out the dip belt was poorly spot welded so I returned it as it didn't seem as secure as it needed to be. Ended up picking up a safety harness belt made by Welkforder[rated for 5000lbs], got some climbing carabiners for attachment, and just used the straps that came with my gymnastics rings, this setup works like a charm! Tried uploading pictures but it doesn't seem to work at the moment. I made my stall bars from scratch. Will post a DIY how to video once I get it edited, turned out awesome and now I can do GB at home!!

That's awesome. You should post pictures/plans in the equipment forums if you can figure out  the upload issue. I'm sure with all the lockdowns everywhere people are building all sorts of innovative stuff to workout with. 

MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ

Im looking to buy back strap or some variant of them (dip belt or smthing) but ill be only able to use them with a door frame strap, I weight ~72kg, do you guys think it is safe to use it like this? I have no possibility to install stall bars atm

Nick Murray
21 hours ago, MARIO LOPEZ RUIZ said:

Im looking to buy back strap or some variant of them (dip belt or smthing) but ill be only able to use them with a door frame strap, I weight ~72kg, do you guys think it is safe to use it like this? I have no possibility to install stall bars atm

I don't like door pull-up bars. The wood (if it's even wood) around a door is held on, usually, with small nails and really isn't designed to handle a lot of weight. Over-the-door straps, even if you use them "correctly" with the straps anchored on the door-open side, and you on the door-closed side, put all your weight onto the hinges and the door latch. Older doors are often made from hardwood, so the hinges and latch are probably more robust. But how do you know what a door is made from, or how long the screws are?

If you can't install stall bars, get a power rack. You get a pull-up/chinup bar, you can attach rings to it, you can move it around your house, you can store it (leave the sides assembled and remove the chinup bar and the black bars at the back. Lean against a wall :)

You can make it into stall bars by putting several dowel rods into the safety bar holes. If you attach the back strap to to the upper back of the rack, it's heavy enough that it won't fall over - you can always have a bar and weights sitting on the rack to give it more weight and stability.

Yes, it's some money to spend initially, but in my opinion it's a LOT safer than using a door.

• Like 2

Jonathan Skubis
On 5/12/2020 at 9:45 AM, Matthew Walker said:

That's awesome. You should post pictures/plans in the equipment forums if you can figure out  the upload issue. I'm sure with all the lockdowns everywhere people are building all sorts of innovative stuff to workout with. 

So I finally was able to put this all together and will post in the Equipment section as well. I hope folks will find it helpful, it also includes my backstrap setup at the end  of the video. Here's a link to my journey in How to Make Stall Bars https://www.jfskubis.com/post/how-to-make-stall-bars

This is up on my blog. I have detailed step-by-step instructions on materials, tools, assembly, etc. I also have a video of the whole project embedded. Hope you all enjoy!

• 2 months later...

Now the gear shop is closed due to the Covid-19, how can we get GB Backstraps?

Seems a lot of exercises is related. Can't do it without them.

Alessandro Mainente

You can use a simple belt (generally used for doing weighted pullup od dip) and use 2 straps at the extremities.

Matthew Walker
On 8/9/2020 at 11:32 PM, Yuanbo Wang said:

Now the gear shop is closed due to the Covid-19, how can we get GB Backstraps?

Seems a lot of exercises is related. Can't do it without them.

I use a yoga swing sometimes.

James Strack

Thought I got a email saying gear shop open today but links still say covid unless there a special link we need to use? 

• Like 1