Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Back straps

Maarten Pijls

Hi All,

As much as I'd like to purchase the GB Back Strap, it seems like inventory is an issue.  Can anybody link to or recommend a reputable substitute?

Thanks!

Hi Ryan, 

Our apologies for the delay Ryan. The GB back straps are in high demand. Keep your eye on the website as you notice they sell out quickly. A new shipment is on the way. 

Back straps are simply that popular. A larger inventory will be in very soon but even though our stock will be twice as much, it is the holidays so I recommend getting your order in promptly. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
Jonathan Horowitz

Did a shipment come in and sell out again already? I finally have stall bars and now of course the back strap is sold out! 

Borja Rojano Broz 230952

To be clear: are these the straps used to do the arch ups? I am trying to find them here in Europe, does anyone know other names for them? Surely gymnasts here must also use them.

Everett Carroll

Hi Borja,

Yes, they are the straps you see attached to the stahl bars for exercises like arch-ups. I don't know of any other names for them but if you are not close to @Wesley Tan over at GB U.K. (Forma), take a look at some of the DIY threads for these using the search function. There are also a number of crafty setups scattered throughout the Foundation One forum's form checks subsection. 

• 7 months later...
Stuart McFarlane

Team,

I've reached a point where I want to buy one of these but I see they are out of stock again, do you know when the next load is coming in?  I'm in the UK so will have to ship it to a transatlantic courier firm.

Stuart

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Michaël Van den Berg

Is anyone in the US willing to get me one of these? I'm based in the Netherlands and can't order one directly from the webshop (it's a bit annoying that you can fill out details for international shipping, only to find out that international shipping isn't possible when you proceed to checkout...).

I'll reimburse the extra shipping costs to Europe, of course.

Thanks in advance!!

• 6 months later...
Michaël Van den Berg
On 1/10/2018 at 3:07 PM, Michaël Van den Berg said:

Is anyone in the US willing to get me one of these? I'm based in the Netherlands and can't order one directly from the webshop (it's a bit annoying that you can fill out details for international shipping, only to find out that international shipping isn't possible when you proceed to checkout...).

I'll reimburse the extra shipping costs to Europe, of course.

Thanks in advance!!

Anyone?

I found an alternative option but I prefer to get the GB backstrap if possible...

• 1 month later...

it looks like Gb isn't selling these any more? Anyone have a substitute they can recommend? 

This is the only thing holding me back from cancelling my gym membership right now!

1 hour ago, PAUL DALY said:

it looks like Gb isn't selling these any more? Anyone have a substitute they can recommend? 

This is the only thing holding me back from cancelling my gym membership right now!

Hi Paul, the back straps have indeed been in stock for the US you can find them at http://www.gymnasticbodies.com/gear/

• 1 year later...
Jonathan Skubis

Does anyone have a substitute for the back straps? Building my own stall bars in quarantine but these back straps seem to be non-existent. Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated!

Alessandro Mainente

YOU can use a table and fix the heels under the stallbar. it is the same thing.

Jonathan Skubis
3 minutes ago, Alessandro Mainente said:

YOU can use a table and fix the heels under the stallbar. it is the same thing.

Thanks for the tip! I also just found a weighted dip belt with large D rings on the side. I think I can rig up a system with that and some tie down straps.

• Like 1

On 4/11/2020 at 6:34 PM, Jonathan Skubis said:

Thanks for the tip! I also just found a weighted dip belt with large D rings on the side. I think I can rig up a system with that and some tie down straps.

Do share when you've figured this out. 

Matthew Walker
On 4/19/2020 at 6:04 AM, Avi Samuel said:

Do share when you've figured this out. 

If you can't get a backstrap try a yoga swing or go to the hardware store and get a roofers climbing belt or an outdoors place and get a climbing belt. They have rings on both sides you can just put a strap or rope on and attach it to the stall bar. You could also take a pillow, run a rope or strap through it, fold the pillow in half and duct tape the crap out of it. Get creative. Sometimes ugly homemade equipment is fun. 

• 3 weeks later...
Jonathan Skubis
On 4/23/2020 at 9:38 AM, Matthew Walker said:

If you can't get a backstrap try a yoga swing or go to the hardware store and get a roofers climbing belt or an outdoors place and get a climbing belt. They have rings on both sides you can just put a strap or rope on and attach it to the stall bar. You could also take a pillow, run a rope or strap through it, fold the pillow in half and duct tape the crap out of it. Get creative. Sometimes ugly homemade equipment is fun. 

Thanks for the tips! Found out the dip belt was poorly spot welded so I returned it as it didn't seem as secure as it needed to be. Ended up picking up a safety harness belt made by Welkforder[rated for 5000lbs], got some climbing carabiners for attachment, and just used the straps that came with my gymnastics rings, this setup works like a charm! Tried uploading pictures but it doesn't seem to work at the moment. I made my stall bars from scratch. Will post a DIY how to video once I get it edited, turned out awesome and now I can do GB at home!!

• Upvote 1