Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

about the book "BTGB"

ashita

Hey ! i need some information about the use of the book.

It is a virtual coach , a method describe step by step where i follow each level one to one until i grow up to the high level ?

As method Lafay , where at the begining you must to perform a test to evaluate your abilities.

Then following your score, you must start a particular level.

Each level is detailled to the letter , do Xreps of X set

take X time of rest between set and between exercice

A real method of training detailled in depth.

We just follow the book to the letter in this method .

I want to know if in BTGB it is similar as method lafay work or just a book which describe every exercice by picture and information.speak around hte progression of each exercice , just a book as encyclopedia and not as a really method of training ?

thanks .

Richard Duelley

Well, the book does a great job in describing the exercises and their progressions in great detail. If you get the DVD's you get a great video library of all of the movements as well (which is a great help). There is a programming section that dives into several different programming types like the Steady State Cycle for example. But is ultimately up to you on how you program your workouts and how much effort you put into learning how to train effectively. There is no way to blindly follow any program and get the desired results so you have to read lots of different things and, ultimately, just go out and try different systems until you find one that you enjoy and one that works for you.

If you are interested in gymnastics condition or physical fitness in general then I think you will enjoy the book and have a lot of fun with its contents.

Ok , thank you very much !!!

I would prefer a real program i can follow blindy ^^

i dont want think hard to create my own routine ^^ its very hard to create a very good routine at the first time its for why i spoake abouta program follow blindy to the letter and just see the result after !!

the book it will be mine anyway !!

thanks and good training for everyone !

David Picó García
i dont want think hard to create my own routine

Then follow the WOD, and with the book you can adapt to the same exercise proposed but at an easier or harder progression. All exercises in the book are from easier variation to the most difficult variation (ex. from standar pushups on floor to planche pushups :mrgreen: )

Ashita, I followed the GB WOD for some time after it came out to figure it out and see what it entailed for my own needs and the training needs of the boys I coach before really looking into creating a program of my own ( which I leaned towards after doing the GB WOD for some time 2-3 months ).

Therefore, there is something to be said about doing the GB WOD before creating your own program since doing the GB WOD you will be introduced to the embedded WOD's, prehab, skill work, etc.

Ok i'll follow some WOD to familiar myself with kind of training , different skill etc

then after i had some knowledge i'll build my own routine.

But about he GB WOD , how we must to follow one of them

i want to say , i take one in the list and i do it just a day ? 3 day per week ? or for example

monday a WOD , thuesday an other WOD ,thursday an other WOD and friday again an other WOD ?

thanks , i'm very excited to begin a real program !!

Follow the GB WOD on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday to the best of your abilities. Get the book so you know what each WOD movements are and just in case you need to scale down the progression in it's corresponding family.

ok ! thanks you

i'm looking for a WOD now for my training i begin in 30 min !

just with some execicfe on bar and ground , not ring or need gym equipment.

you know a wod have this ?

i warming up.......

edit : without rings the book is even usefull or not

if i train myself just with a chin up bar and pt800 as picture i put above , i can anyway buy the book ?

i think buy just the book for this time but maybe after buy the ring if i find a place to set them.

Yes, you can modify some of the GB wod's or look through past GB wod's if you do not have rings.

The book is still excellent even if you do not have rings. In fact, most of the book can be performed without rings. A bar is pretty necessary though.

I post my version of the WOD to the movements and skill level, you can reference it if you like to get an idea.

inbtwn or prior/post i'll do some skill training according what blairbob has recommended skill to learn -

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1794

If i'm good at it at particular skill(s) then i'll try and link 2 movements into a combo and learn how to control.

i dont want think hard to create my own routine

Then follow the WOD, and with the book you can adapt to the same exercise proposed but at an easier or harder progression. All exercises in the book are from easier variation to the most difficult variation (ex. from standar pushups on floor to planche pushups :mrgreen: )

I think I might start the same way :) I will be posting a detailed info about myself and my goals.

Ashita, I followed the GB WOD for some time after it came out to figure it out and see what it entailed for my own needs and the training needs of the boys I coach before really looking into creating a program of my own ( which I leaned towards after doing the GB WOD for some time 2-3 months ).

Therefore, there is something to be said about doing the GB WOD before creating your own program since doing the GB WOD you will be introduced to the embedded WOD's, prehab, skill work, etc.

So are you saying that even for a STARTER / NEWBIE the GB WOD's are the best way to get a HANG OF "How To" Build your program?

Follow the GB WOD on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday to the best of your abilities. Get the book so you know what each WOD movements are and just in case you need to scale down the progression in it's corresponding family.

Got the book & the rings are coming soon.

Yes, you can modify some of the GB wod's or look through past GB wod's if you do not have rings.

The book is still excellent even if you do not have rings. In fact, most of the book can be performed without rings. A bar is pretty necessary though.

When you say past WOD's how far would that be?

I'm not saying they are the best way, they are just a good way as their are a few different types of WOD's on the GB WOD.

Basically there is the embedded planche and levers. Another is the 3x5 Lower body workout couplet often being deck squats/SLS with glute ham for either strength or power. There are the HS cycles on rings or wall or Wall runs/Obstacle course and there are the power conditioning circuits. That's just off the top of my head.

Past WOD's? I dunno, pretty far back I suppose.