Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Crooked Back

Mitchell Rabushka

Mitchell Rabushka

I have a friend that is in incredibly good shape except she has one bone in her back that looks a little crooked / bent to the right.  When she bends over with hands on thighs you really have to be looking for it, but you can see it if you try.  The positioning is about middle back, but it could be the T12  (last bone before L1) that leans a little to the right.

I tested her and she can do Tuck Ups (reps of 15) , Supermans (sets of 60 sec although ROM is not quite F1 Master) and many other exercises no problem, no pain and this is without ever exercising!!!  She tells me it's because she works hard, but I think there must be some genetic factor as well to be able to perform some of these exercises so proficiently at the age of 54 without ever practicing them and w/ out ever exercising!!!

One day she was moving a heavy table by herself down some stairs and she twisted her spine under load and suffered her first back injury.  It looks like that injury occurred in that area where the bone is crooked.

This happened about 5 months ago and she is pretty much healed, but now she wants to address that area of the spine.

Are there exercises that can help straighten and strengthen that area of the spine or the spine in general?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...