Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

straddle planche push up help

ashita

Yes this video....(this is instead of swiss ball)

You don't need wall planche push ups...Because you are not in the line in whole ROM. It would be a better to do it with elastic band...

Normaly there is not a problem in pus ups strength but in planche strength.

So my advice would be:

1. do planche leans

2. russian dips and MUs

3. to do planche push ups with elastic band (leg together)

4. do ordinary planchees

5. once a week ordinary planche push ups

thanks but what are russian dips and the third part " 3. to do planche push ups with elastic band (leg together) "

1. Look at sicky post at basic strength "all kinds of dips" at 3rd dip variation.

2. put elastic band on your ankels and mount it

ok thank you very much gregor.

I hope to have my full planche before the end of the year , it will be the better gift i could have for christmas :lol:

thanks

Keep up the good vids speedy, I wanna see you planching on the rings now!

Planche on the rings is quite diffrent thing, much more harder then ordinary on the floor.

I hope he will do that also.

Joshua Naterman

I suppose that the full planche may be, but honestly, for me the rings are easier. Am I just broken or something? :lol: When I was trying my straddle months ago, I had straighter arms on the rings, and I could actually hold a slightly bent arm straddle planche for 4-5 seconds. On floor it was a momentary hold. I KNOW rings are supposed to be harder. I don't get it.

The only thing I can think, based on how I feel, is that my forearms get the brunt of it. The hardest part on the floor for me is in the forearms.

Joshua Naterman

Yea, short rings I think. Honestly though, the planches were almost the same for me on long rings as short. A little harder, but not much. I did play with the planche on long rings too, and after a few weeks of getting used to them I was essentially performing the same. Maybe a second or two less on the flat tuck at the most, if any difference at all.

If you will straighten your elbows you'll see the big diffrence in maneuring it. Second if you put your legs together you will had to lean forward and will be something in beatween holding maltese and planche (of course if your palms are turned out).

Joshua Naterman

Oh definitely :P All I am saying is that with the same amount of elbow bend, I had an easier time on the rings, long or short, than I did on the floor. I think that's mostly because of some poor flexibility and perhaps some unresolved injuries that I am now taking care of, but even now the floor is harder! Am I the only one?

Like right now, I can hold a 5 second flat tuck with straight arms on the rings, but I can't even press up into it on the floor. Though part of that is me being afraid to wreck my elbows :) It will be a while before I have confidence in their ability to handle the stress. I'm working on it pretty regularly on my off days and it's getting better :)

Nic Scheelings

Yeah ur right Gregor,

A friend of mine has a really solid straddle planche on floor or parallettes, but his rings planche is not as good. It is a solid effort but I'm not sure if it would be paid in competition, I think he does want to compete it but at the moment he would get deduction if it would be paid.