Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If money was no object what would your gym setup be?

Nicholas Cooper

Jonathan Pettit

Large padded open space.  Mirrors completely cover one wall.  Fairly high ceilings.

Parallel bars running parallel to a wall.

Hanging rings, plus a way to move them without having to take them down (as in, a hook or something similar on a wall where I can move them out of the way and then just unhook when I need to play).

Medicine balls and various free weights, all aligned in nice racks.

Stall bars.  A whole wall can be stall bars.

A heavy bag, hanging in the far corner.

A piece of equipment that lets me do Glute-Ham raises.

A spot to hang a rope, not that I'll be using it right away :D

[space reserved for any other equipment required for Movement or any of the other not-yet-released courses]

I don't lead a lot of equipment.  Just having a large room with mats, a mirror and a pull-up bar fulfills 97% of my needs.  My current basement apartment is very small; I can touch the roof with my elbows if I go on tip-toes.  Someday, though, I'll have my dream house, and that will include everything I wrote above.

(and if we want to get into fantasy land, something like a foam pit or a ball pit would be awesome.  And an indoor pool.  And a sauna.)

• Upvote 1

Bryan Wheelock

Olympic trampoline

Bumper plates and olympic bars

Kettlebell pairs to 108 lbs.

And since this is a blue sky list:

Full time chef to prepare meals.

Massage therapist

Cryo champer to improve recovery

Float tank to relax in

Sauna to use for increased growth hormones

Access to an Orthokine therapist for healing injuries.

A supply of infant blood grown in a lab. http://news.sciencemag.org/biology/2014/05/young-blood-renews-old-mice

Pretty much CFMarin/theCave with better Olympic WL equipment like a dedicated platform. Maybe two platforms in case friends want to come by and train.

Maybe Eleiko equipment for the hell of it but I wouldn't mind having some ZKC stuff, especially a bar when my hands start feeling destroyed. It could probably be down in something like the size of the UC Berkeley gym which is maybe 4-6 sq feet. Of course, Stanford's is really nice.

Rhode blocks because I don't feel like making blocks myself and theirs are nice.

All men's and women's apparatus besides an in ground aussie bed trampoline with all apparatus into pit. Probably a set of ceiling hung rings to the floor, hip and shoulder height as well so I don't have to mess with changing ring height. Might as well have a 40x40' floor for routines, dodgeball and HS wars. 30' strip into pit possibly ski or rod floor. Mini tramp for doing triples into pit.

Set of hex DB up to stupid heavy. Prowler and sleds. I guess a few KB for laughs. Like a 40, 32, 16.

Squat rack. Nothing special though has to be strong enough to hold 350kg.

Heavy bag for hitting things when there aren't people to hit on the mat.

Tatami floor area for throwing people with Uchimata into and other MA stuff.

Spa and ice bath with an ice machine. Maybe one of those infra-red saunas.

Shower, toilet and sink with a nice mirror to groom myself before heading out of the gym. Balance scale for checking possibly even a water tank.

Monkey bars and a set of stall bars on the wall. A few manilla ropes side by side for double rope climbs in L.

Set of wood parallettes made from P-bar rails. Dedicated strap bar that is adjustable for giants or low bar work.

One of those donut things for rolling around besides lots of wedges to build a wicked ramp to roll down. Zip line.

I think I covered my bases.

Maybe a rower since I hate cardio. Maybe a soft track since I don't mind doing anything up to 400m circuits.

• Upvote 1

Keilani Gutierrez

I like that Blairbob went into so much detail :) there's so many cool things you dream about if you could have a facility and especially one other people could get to use and benefit from having the designated tools for building specific skills. idk where'd i'd be without my rings, my stallbars, my yoga mat and my bamboo stick. :P 

having a makiwara and a wall bag would be nice. eventually a wooden dummy. 

a set of assorted bands with different weights ranging from light to very heavy. 

a set of olympic bars 20kg + plates upto 50kg. smaller weighted bar 10kg and plates upto 5-10kg. 

boxes to jump on. 

a partner to help me stretch religiously. 

a licensed massage therapist in russian sports and medical massage.

accupuncturist. 

a shower would be the absolute bomb. 

yeah. a gym like that would rule.