Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xtreme Gymnastics Training Montage

Scott Pelton-Stroud

• 4 weeks later...
Sven Ravnstag

I feel like both of these videos really capture the spirit of what GB is all about.  Yes it's about hard work, and yes that hard work is geared towards strengthening and gaining mastery of your body.  But in the end it's really about how incredibly cool and fun it is to pay that price and reap the rewards! 

Thanks Coach for inviting the world into this awesome fold!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wait, has Coach quit coaching kids?

I never coached 'kids'.

I did however coach young men and US national team members. And yes, I stepped down from active coaching the December before last.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Sorry coach for calling them kids :( didn't mean that.

Not to worry. I was aware of what you meant. However it is also important to remind people that I was developing world class athletes; not supervising t-ball. ;)

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

When you say 'active coaching', does that mean you just stopped being a national coach yet you still coach at Xtreme Gymnastics or have stopped being an artistic gymnastics coach altogether and switched to 'just' GST? 

It means that I am no longer actively coaching competitive gymnastics and now focus solely on running GB.  Running GB is a full time job and being a US National Team Coach is also a full time job.  Doing both at the same time cost me a great deal of lost sleep!

I have been enjoying very much now only having one full time job.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 6

I bet you have! Surely these are full-time jobs AND they aren't just any regular full-time job. We're all thankful you decided to have these two full-time jobs, or else real knowledge of GST wouldn't have spread!