Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shoulder pain?

Chris Hansen

Hello

I had a new pain in my shoulder when I woke up today. It doesn't seem like a muscle, it's right on top in the bony area. Looking at an anatomy chart, it seems to be right where the claivicle and acromion attatch. I figure it's something I did but am not sure what because I didn't feel it until this morning when I woke up.

I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me anything about it. Is there a term for it? Are there any particular exercises, mobility issues, or strength imbalances which are associated with this type of pain?

It doesn't hurt in a handstand, and rows seem ok. I can really feel it when I let my shoulder roll forward though, like when I slouch, but the pain stops when I retract the scapula.

Thanks.

It's hard to remember. Pushups, punched the heavy bag, some kettlebells stuff, dislocates. Nothing I haven't done before. Could it be from sleeping funny?

Léo Aïtoulha

It could be a proximal biceps tendonitis (shoulder joint). You should see a doctor.

Do you have shoulder cracking / popping ?

If you are experiencing pain in the shoulder, why are you training?!?

Give it a few days rest and then begin to evaluate it.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1

If the pain was substantial enough for you to remark upon it on the forum, I would say that total rest of your upper body for a few days is warranted.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1