Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fireform Intro - And F1 before H1?

Robert Kenneth Onglao

Robert Kenneth Onglao

Hi,

My name is Kenji. I bought the H1 and F1 starter pack and have been doing H1 for the past 3 months or so, and I am currently at the weighted dislocate mobility portion. I will also be doing the GB Seminar in Singapore this March, which I am extremely excited about. 

Introduction 

27 years old, 5'9, 66-67kg, powerlifting background, did well enough in competition. My build seems conducive to powerlifting - long, thin arms and really thick legs. Historically, my shoulders are my weakest bodypart and I tended to have weaker pushing movements because of the length of my arms. 

Goals for 2015 

- That said, my goal for 2015 is to hold a 30-second freestanding handstand anytime within that year.

- My very lofty goal would be to perform one freestanding handstand push-up within 2015, or early 2016. 

I have tried doing F1 and H1 in tandem according to the templates, but could not due to time constraints - the volume and time of doing F1 in tandem with H1 really adds up. Choosing one to start with, I opted to do H1 first before I dive into F1 fulltime. After listening to the podcasts, the general consensus seems to be the need to build a foundation with F1 before all else.

Should I continue on with H1 and do F1 after I get the handstand, or should I do the reverse and start with F1 instead?

I will have a better idea of programming once I do the GB Seminar this March, but I'd like to already come into the event with the most conducive mind (and body) possible. Depending on the answers in this thread, I'll modify my training in the next 4 months to get the most out of the GB Seminar.

I look forward to meeting you all, and I look forward to your feedback as well.

Thanks and best regards,

-Kenji 

Colin Macdonald

Technically, both programs are really meant to work together. What weekly schedule are you following? One focused H1 day a week can still bring good results.

Robert Kenneth Onglao

Hi Colin,

Great. I tried 2 days of each in a week. 

Doing this, the volume on the H1 days was manageable, but there was a lot to do on each of the two days of F1 - considerably more than the H1 days both in volume of work and time it took to complete. 

If 1 day of focused H1 a week will do, the I will see how 3 days a week of F1 feels in tandem with that.

Thank you for your reply.

Best regards,

-Kenji