Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Xtreme Rings are Back!

Scott Malin

After a nearly two year absence, the Xtreme Rings are back in limited quantity. We have kept the same FIG spec high strength polycarbonate rings and upgraded the straps and cam buckle to our new FastCam system for increased strength and ease of use. :)

The new rings can be found here.

Xtreme Rings are made from high strength polycarbonate with just the right amount of texture to give excellent grip. Lesser rings tend to have too much texture and can tear your skin.

Gymnastics Bodies rings come in one size, FIG regulations size, 180mm inner diameter and 28mm thick. Exactly the same as an Olympic barbell. Coincidence? Though popular, oversized rings will only impede your progress in ring training. When it comes to rings, one size truly does fit all.

FastCam buckles now come standard with Xtreme Rings. An innovative, high quality, super strong cam buckle designed specifically for fast, easy set up and take down as well as allowing easy and precise height adjustments. No more wasted time and frustration trying to thread ring straps!

High strength FastCam buckles are made with a cast Zamac 5 body, brass roller, and stainless steel shafts and springs, these buckles can take whatever you throw at them and more!

Straps are available in 8 foot and 16 foot lengths.

– 8 foot straps are perfect for use over a standard height chin up bar or with a Smith Machine, and will have minimal excess strap to get in your way.

– 16 foot straps are ideal for those who need the rings to reach to floor level or who have a higher mounting point.

The new GB straps are made from high quality polyester rather than the industry standard less expensive nylon. They are stronger, resist abrasion better, stretch less and have more UV resistance. (Though we do not recommend you leave straps hanging outdoors indefinitely.)

XR-rolled.jpg

• Upvote 11

Sorry, guys. I appreciate your enthusiam, however until I succeed in establishing a reliable european based warehouse, the new rings will only be available in the U.S.

The shipping delays with international shipments (28 business days on average; sometimes longer) and too many lost packages have unfortunately resulted in this change of policy. For example, I sent one customer in Norway three separate shipments of rings; none of which he ever received. The local postman was apparently unable to locate the address. :(

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Christian Sørlie

Where in Norway was this?? I got the rings and the book back in 2008 no problem and order tons of stuff of Amazon easy. Maybe the post office wanted to open a gym...?

How far away is the warehouse located from Coach Sommer?  I've always been curious about the feasibility of each GB equipment being signed personally from Coach.

We are interested in producing wood rings, the difficulty has been to find a wood turner that can make quality rings at a reasonable price. 

I have seen competitors wood rings that vary in size or even give splinters. Not something GB would allow.

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...