Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Rhode Island May 2015 Seminar

Glen Eames

Just noticed that a 2015 seminar in Rhode Island has been added.  Also noticed that the price is double the normal cost?  Not complaining, just wondering what got added that would raise the price so much?  With that said I hope to be there!

• Upvote 1

Scott Pelton-Stroud

WOAH, I would also like to know about that price increase! I was hoping they would hold another course in the east so I wouldn't have to hike out west, but traveling to Denver looks like it will be more cost-efficient...

Edit: it does appear to be 3 days long, so that may have to do with it?

That seminar being listed as a Level 1 is a misprint.

It is not a level 1 seminar; it is a specialty 3 day seminar where half of each day is spent in GST and the other half is spent in olympic lifting. There are also educational sessions for nutrition, bodywork and recovery integrated into the 3 day schedule.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 3

That seminar being listed as a Level 1 is a misprint.

It is not a level 1 seminar; it is a specialty 3 day seminar where half of each day is spent in GST and the other half is spent in olympic lifting. There are also educational sessions for nutrition, bodywork and recovery integrated into the 3 day schedule.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Wow! That's one to save for! :D

Scott Pelton-Stroud

Sorry, what is meant by "bodywork"?

Also, as for the GST portion, will this special seminar cover the same material as a level 1 seminar?

For the GST portion of the specialty seminar, the students will be grouped according to whether or not they meet the Level 2 Seminar prerequisites:

Level 1 – Open to all students regardless of any previous Gymnastic Strength Training™ Experience.

Level 2 – Open to students who have attended Level 1 and can demonstrate a flat pancake on floor, 10s Straddle-L, 30s Freestanding Handstand, Rope Climb, Chest roll Handstand and Muscle Up.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

• Upvote 1