Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wall handstand face to wall

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Hi all! I've been trying to learn holding handstand face to wall. I mastered headstand with proper straight body, so I fought I was ready to start practicing handstand.

You can see my attempt in the first pic I posted. Unluckily I realized that I can't hold my body properly straight. Maybe the only right thing is that I keep arms locked. But my lower back is still a bit arched. I wonder where is my main mistake! How can I fix my form? I would like to keep my body straight, but if I try to push forward my butt I lose balance and fall forward.

May I firstly practice it at stall bars? Infact If I hold my legs horizontal I can hold my back completely straight! (Just like in the second pic I posted).

I will very grateful if you can give me some advices! Thank you!

Murray Truelove

Probably anterior pelvic tilt. If you lie on the floor can you put your hands over head like a handstand a keep your lower back on the floor? If not try bending your knees, if this lets you get your back on the floor then you have tight hip flexors and probably weak glutes.

Stretching your hip flexors and glute bridge exercises can help.

• Upvote 1

Alessandro Di Sanzo

Probably anterior pelvic tilt. If you lie on the floor can you put your hands over head like a handstand a keep your lower back on the floor? If not try bending your knees, if this lets you get your back on the floor then you have tight hip flexors and probably weak glutes.

Stretching your hip flexors and glute bridge exercises can help.

I tried as you wrote! Actually if I lie on the floor like a handstand it is possibile to put a hand between my lower back and floor. If I understood well, there should be no space, right? So I guess it is as you said! I will work on it! Thank you!

Murray Truelove

Being able to fit your whole hand between your lower back and the floor isn't unusual. Once your able to flatten your lower back cunningly l completely you'll have a nicer handstand.

• Upvote 1