Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Biosignature test

Mats Trane

Daniel Taylor-Shaut

I once read a study that said red meat led to cancer. I once read another study that strict, tee-totaling vegetarianism led to cancer. I also once read that no one has lived forever. I also just realized I will never be in the Olympics. Some days I eat a BIG breakfast. On other days, I don't eat until 12 or 1pm. Lol.

The only need for supplementation is gaps in one's diet. Say you sit at a desk all day; inside. Perhaps, a vitamin D3 supplement could help your body's functionality (since you're not getting it from sunlight). Perhaps you don't get enough magnesium through dark greens, nuts or dark chocolate and have muscle cramps as a result, you could supplement for that. This whole argument is silly. If you're hoping to rely on some business to help figure out how to spot reduce your body fat or reduce your stress hormones, you're doing it wrong. 

Drink water. Eat organic foods. Eat fruits and vegetables with every meal and some source of protein (plant or animal based). Sleep a lot. Work out. Go outside. If you're finding that you have extra body fat or body mass...drink more water, exercise more or more frequently and eat a little less.

I, myself, do supplement my diet. But with that those supplements are simply vitamins and herbs. Do they work? Maybe, maybe not. I know that I feel better for it, again because of holes or gaps in my diet: turmeric, vitamin D, a multivitamin, a probiotic, and Omega-3s. But I do this for health reasons and not reasons regarding physique; I exercise for that. Nobody really should supplement for their physique, either. Not the tune of hundreds of dollars at least. It's not practical and at its root it's not actually THAT healthy to do so (at least in my opinion). But, eh, what do I know...

On another note, is the Poliquin we speak of the very same Charles Poliquin or the 'Strength Sensei'? The guy with a potbelly who uses skinny female fitness models to demonstrate new exercises and routines? While that guy may be knowledgeable and quite experienced, just judging from a distance and from his podcasts and posts I wouldn't want him near my sister or daughter.

• Upvote 2

Mats Trane

I just read through this thread... Mats Trane, you have not posted any update about your personal experience with the thing. I for one would be very interested in reading your first hand experience. Would you care to share?

Well I thought it was an interesting experience and I´m glad that I did it.

My major change was to change my breakfast. I changed to a Protein and fat based breakfast. The results showed to my surprise quite quickly. In 5 weeks I stayed the same weight and went from 10% body fat to 7 % body fat. The only change I made was the breakfast.

I still eat the same amount of carbs, I just eat them later in the day, especially at dinner time which also made my sleep better.

Here is the chart after about 5 weeks:

post-90-0-91385200-1430749254_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 3

Luzian Scherrer

Thanks for sharing Mats, very interesting. Quite a rapid fatloss and a full success in your case I'd say.

Dorian Brown

Those are very good results. I hover around 9-10% and going 8% and below has always been difficult for me. I've gone to 8% but took a break from training due to school and went back up to 10%. Now that I'm training again I'm Slowly inching towards 8-9% again. I'd love to see how I look at 7%.