Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Handstand is awry

bgmafia322

i can hold a 20 second handstand but my form is not good , well its a bit arched ok but my body is not in a line it goes more to te left side. i cant understand i try to hold it in the middle but im not able , what should i do ?

Could you please post a picture or a video ? It could be a tightness in an area of your body, a bad habit, mobility issue, a lack of proper preparation or technique. In the best of the cases you could go back to the wall and correct the inclination to one side.

• Upvote 1

You hands are too far apart.  Try placing them about shoulder width apart. 

Its hard to see from this angle, but im pretty sure your shoulders are not open enough which causes the lower back arching to 

compensate. Focus on stretching the pecs and lats to open those babies up.

And lastly, if your torso is wobbling all over the place it means that you currently dont quite have the core strenght to maintain a neutral core alignment.  Focus on isometric holds (dish, plank etc).  :)

• Upvote 3

jules thanks, no im not wobbling its just the awry handstand i just have to practise more , i can hold a front lever now for 10 seconds i dont think its my core

Edited by bgmafia322

To me it looks like you're putting to much weight in your left side( your hand placement looks uncomfortable ) and also your right hand is in an uncomfortable position like looking to the side instead of the front,pretty much inward. I think your shoulders are too much inwardly rotated also.

your hands are ok width. if you want better advice from guys. make video from side and on one picture from hands to toes.

your hands are ok width. 

I disagree.  They are an ok width for a mediocre Handstand. 

Keeping a wide hand width will hinder the progress of more advanced exercises. 

• Upvote 2