Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

100€ cash - Two-arm overgrip deadhang hold

JASON MONCE

Hi community,

At this moment, there's a funfair in my city with a "strongman" attraction : bar hanging  :D

Nothing fancy, the goal is to sustain a basic deadhang hold on a standard-size bar for :

• 1'15 : earn 15€
  • 1'30 : earn 30€
  • 1'45 : earn 70€
  • 2'00 : earn 100€

There's just one rule : use a pronated grip.

Many people can do it but fairground people don't give money so there is a trick behind it : in fact, the bar is motorised and slowly spins on its axis and forces wrist extension  :o

I haven't tried yet but a lot of guys did, they all failed except one, he holded for 1'15

I think it's possible if we use a false grip and if we keep maintaining it but what would be the best protocol to train for it without that motorised bar ?

use a wrist roller, hold it over your head. this is as close as you can get. but... be careful ;)

142_1.jpg

Klemen Bobnar

Use a slippery bar(metal with sweat seems to work, otherwise use some kind of lubricant), then adjust your grip one hand at a time. Enjoy your two minutes ;).

Kasper Stangerup

I'm doing my bar hanging work from a bar that can rotate freely. This changes the focus a bit, since you can't rely on friction and instead have to grip the bar strongly. However, I find that it is quite similar to wrist controlling in grappling.